ssl_timeout appears not to work in net/https
It is possible to cause Net::HTTP.get to block indefinitely even when values are given for open_timeout, read_timeout, and ssl_timeout. The problem only happens when use_ssl? is true: the behaviour of non-SSL requests is as expected.
- Run "listen.rb" in the background (simulates a misbehaving server that accepts connections but doesn't deliver any data)
- Run "http_test.rb" -- notice that the exception is delivered after 5 seconds, as expected.
- Run "https_test.rb" -- notice that the GET call never returns, and no timeout exception is delivered.
(Apologies if this is the wrong spot for this. Is net/https considered part of Ruby's standard library?)
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) 4 months ago
- ruby -v deleted (
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [i686-darwin9.7.0])
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- Description updated (diff)
- Project changed from Ruby 1.8 to Backport187
- Tracker changed from Bug to Backport