I'm trying to install 1.9.2 into an instance within rvm so that I can install and use Rails 3.0. I have 1.8.6 installed as my system Ruby. When I attempt it in my version of 10.4.11, with bash (GNU bash, version 4.1.7(1)-release (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0)).
However I'm getting make errors which are not clear to me. If this is not a bug but something that I can fix, pls point me to the solution. Nothing showed up in my searches.
Unfortunately MacOSX has a command 'libtool' which does completely different thing from GNU libtool does.
You somehow need to tell 'make' to use '/usr/bin/glibtool' in lieu of 'libtool'. Sorry I don't know how to do that.
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- ruby -v changed from ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [powerpc-darwin8.9.0] to ruby 1.9.2p0
Already fixed at 1.9.2-p21, r29567.
Though MacOS X prior to 10.5 is not supported.
- Status changed from Closed to Assigned
- Assignee set to wyhaines (Kirk Haines)
It's up to Kirk whether to backport the fix.
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- Assignee deleted (
wyhaines (Kirk Haines))
Sorry Kirk, I misunderstood. This has nothing to do with 1.8.6.
Also available in: Atom