String#unpack('M') always results US-ASCII encoded string
Updated by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) over 8 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Backport
- Project changed from Ruby master to Backport192
- Category changed from core to core
- Status changed from Closed to Assigned
- Assignee set to yugui (Yuki Sonoda)
- Target version deleted (
"\xC6\xF7" is not ascii only.
$ ruby-1.9.2 -v -e 'p "=C6=F7".unpack("M*").ascii_only?'
ruby 1.9.2p188 (2011-03-28 revision 31204) [x86_64-linux]
Updated by yugui (Yuki Sonoda) over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
This issue was solved with changeset r31852.
Heesob, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- pack.c (pack_unpack): the resulted string of unpack('M') must have ASCII-8BIT encoding (and ENC_CODERANGE_VALID). [ruby-core:34482]