[SEGFAULT] ruby 1.8.7-p358 i386-mingw crashes during Win32API calls
I compiled MRI 1.8.7-p358 for myself on Windows 2003 SP2 system with gcc version 4.6.2 (GCC) (latest stable mingw), and it crashes if ruby code try Win32API call.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Compile ruby 1.8.7-p358 with default install MinGW with /configure --enable-install-doc --enable-shared --with-winsock2
2) Install it with make DESTDIR=d:/somewhere/in/a/filesystem
3) Try run attached ruby code
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"
win32test.rb:8: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.7 (2012-02-08 patchlevel 358) [i386-mingw32]
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena) over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Assignee set to luislavena (Luis Lavena)
I can't reproduce with Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) or Windows 7 x86.
Neither with 1.9.3 or against trunk.
Can you test one of those versions on your Windows 2003 system?
Updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena) about 7 years ago
It has been 20 days since I asked for feedback to test different version of Ruby on your system. I don't have access to Windows 2003 so I rely on you to help us debug and solve any possible issue.
If you don't reply in the next few days I'll close the issue due lack of feedback.
Thank you and looking forward your reply.