Please Backport Bug #7239 to Ruby 1.9.3
This bug prevents backticks and popen from working correctly on Windows with Ruby 1.9.3. It was patched in 2.0 but not in 1.9.3. Please backport.
Updated by sorah (Sorah Fukumori) over 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Backport
- Project changed from Ruby master to Backport193
- Category deleted (
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee changed from luislavena (Luis Lavena) to usa (Usaku NAKAMURA)
Moving to correct project, and assigning to branch maintainer.
Updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r44338.
Ryan, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
merge revision(s) 37388: [Backport #9232]
* process.c (redirect_dup2): set standard handles when new fd is stdio, because if there is no allocated console at the moment Windows does not automatically associate it for child process's standard handle. this is adhoc workaround. reported by Martin Thiede at [ruby-core:48542] [Bug #7239]. * io.c (rb_cloexec_dup2): ditto.