- include/ruby/debug.h, vm_trace.c: add rb_postponed_job API. Postponed jobs are registered with this API. Registered jobs are invoked at `ruby-running-safe-point' as soon as possible. This timing is completely same as finalizer timing. There are two APIs:
- rb_postponed_job_register(flags, func, data): register a postponed job with data. flags are reserved.
- rb_postponed_job_register_one(flags, func, data): same as
rb_postponed_job_register', but only onefunc' job is registered (skip if `func' is already registered). This change is mostly written by Aman Gupta (tmm1). https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8107#note-15 [Feature #8107]
- gc.c: use postponed job API for finalizer.
- common.mk: add dependency from vm_trace.c to debug.h.
- ext/-test-/postponed_job/extconf.rb, postponed_job.c, test/-ext-/postponed_job/test_postponed_job.rb: add a test.
- thread.c: implement postponed API.
- vm_core.h: ditto.