2.0.0 Special Thanks¶
First, we appreciate all people who made feature and improvement proposals.
- Keyword arguments were designed by matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto), and prototyped by mame (Yusuke Endoh). [#5474]
- Module#prepend was proposed by Yehuda Katz and Thomas Sawyer, and implemented by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada). [ruby-core:25208]
- %i literal was proposed and implemented by tenderlove (Aaron Patterson). [#4985]
__dir__was proposed many times by many many people. [#3346]
- A lazy stream was proposed by many people, and finally the proposal by Yutaka Hara was accepted. [#4890]
- #to_h was proposed by Suraj Kurapati and marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune). [#5008, #6276]
- Merging Onigmo was proposed and done by naruse (Yui Naruse). [#5820]
- Asynchronous exception handling API was designed and implemented by ko1 (Koichi Sasada), kosaki (Motohiro Kosaki), and tarui (Masaya Tarui).
- DTrace support was proposed and implemented by yugui (Yuki Sonoda), and further developed by tenderlove. [#2565]
- Improved debugger support from TracePoint was originally proposed by Thomas Sawyer and arranged by ko1. [#6895]
- NativeClient support was proposed and implemented by yugui. [ruby-core:45073]
- Bitmap Marking GC was proposed and implemented by authornari (Narihiro Nakamura) and matz. [ruby-core:41916]
- Various approaches on Kernel#require optimization were proposed and prototyped by many people, and coordinated by tarui and shirosaki (Hiroshi Shirosaki).
- VM speedup and Float optimizations were proposed and developed by ko1.
- Refinements were developed by shugo (Shugo Maeda) and matz after discussions with many people.
There are many other wonderful features and improvements, but we cannot list all of them.All the proposers and implementers deserve to be praised.Also, we thank all committers who supported all the above development and improved the integrity.
Documentation improvement was done by a lot of contributors, notably zzak (Zachary Scott), under drbrain (Eric Hodel)'s direction.
It is also worth mentioning that the OpenSSL binding was greatly improved by emboss (Martin Bosslet).
We also appreciate all people who tried preview and rc releases and reported any bugs.Without them, we couldn't have the stability of 2.0.0.Especially, hsbt (Hiroshi Shibata) for contributing a lot by checking many popular Ruby applications on 2.0.0.
Finally, I thank all people who helped me release 2.0.0.naruse, usa (Usaku Nakamura), and shugo helped me package, publish, and announce them.The draft of release announcements are kindly reviewed by: Pablo Brasero (New Bamboo),Benoit Daloze, Jon Forums, Shota Fukumori, Andrew Grimm, Eric Hodel, Makoto Inoue (New Bamboo),Marc-Andre Lafortune, Lee Machin (New Bamboo), Akinori Musha, Narihiro Nakamura, Usaku Nakamura,Tatsuya Ono (Geckoboard), Zachary Scott, and Kazuki Tsujimoto.(I apologize if I've inadvertently omitted anybody from this list.)
Thank you all!
(You can add your great work by yourself if omitted. Excuse me! ;-)