Should a maintainer become inactive, we can rely on the following process to implement a new one:
- We will decide the next maintainer based on discussion via mailing list
- At this point, they will be requested to assignment
- Anyone requesting the assignment should open discussion only after the BranchMaintainerDischargingProcess is enabled
- Its encouraged to suggest an expected maintenance period upon requesting assignment, but it's not required.
- Upon declaring expected maintenance period:
- The maintainer is not obligated to commit to this duration
- They can be replaced upon the BranchMaintainerDischargingProcess
- It is our best effort to avoid sudden death for said branch
- Any issue can escalate to Matz
- Anyone can replace the role of release manager, should they become inactive.