The following process is designed to prevent sudden death of branches.
- A branch maintainer will be discharged when one of the following cases:
- When (s)he has become inactive for at least 3 months without notice
- When (s)he declares her/his resignation as the maintainer.=
- When (s)he assigned issues go unattended for 3 months.
- If a maintainer resigns, maintenance of the branch will be temporarily done by the ruby core team until someone else is appointed.
- nobu can act as temporary branch maintainer in this case
- any committer is responsible for contributing to priority maintenance (such as security)
- Returning to maintainer after (s)he would be discharged will be welcome.