Date: 2016/04/13 (Wed)
Time: 13:00- 18:00 (JST)
Place: Tokyo, Japan
pub: log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11N2pK5mzoyqsIHyifxLycXUzcKtEj9vTmIYi3_ZTAS0/pub
Attendees: Assuming active developers. Sign up is required. Please ask ko1 for details. If you want to attend remotely, also please ask ko1.
Language: mostly Japanese (sorry for non native Japanese speakers)
Maybe this meeting will be discussion about Ruby 2.4 based on tickets.
Please add your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss.
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly. Matz is very busy person, so we can ask him directly on this opportunity. If you can not attend there, then other attendees can ask instead you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about discussion on a file or each tickets in English.
- All of activities are best-effort (please remind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place is when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- NOTE: Write at least "ticket number/title/link" and your name. Explain details on the ticket. If you can not attend meeting, short summary are welcome because we can understand easily (long discussion is difficult to read, especially in non-native languages). Your motivation is also welcome.
Carry-over from previous meetings¶
- [Feature #9969] Add
File.empty?as alias to
- [Feature #10617] Change multiple assignment in conditional from parse error to warning (shyouhei)
- [Feature #11547] remove top-level constant lookup (shyouhei)
- [Feature #12020] Documenting Ruby memory model (shyouhei)
- example: [Feature #10917] Add
GC.stat[:total_time]when GC profiling enabled (ko1)
- [Bug #12271]
Time#to_timeremoves timezone information (yui-knk)
- [Feature #12157] Is the option hash necessary for future Rubys? (shyouhei)
- [Bug #12181] ブロックがたくさんあるファイルを編集するとruby-modeが重い (shyouhei) who should take care of it?
- [Bug #12179] Build failure due to VPATH expansion (shyouhei) who should take care of it?
- [Bug #12183] require "win32ole" すると終了ステータスが必ず 0 になる (shyouhei) who should take care of it?
- [Bug #12184] Cygwin LANG=ja_JP.SJIS 環境でコマンドライン引数に日本語が渡せない (shyouhei) who should take care of it?
- [Feature #7361] Adding Pathname#touch (shyouhei) what's next?
- [Feature #12236] Introduce
mmapmanaged heap (ko1)
- [Bug #12159] Thread::Backtrace::Location#path returns absolute path for files loaded by require_relative (ko1)
- "path" representation
- [Feature #11925] Struct construction with kwargs (ko1)
- [Bug #11878] Comparison of prepended modules (naruse)
- How we use twitter account for announcement (sorah)
- [Feature #12275] String unescape (shyouhei)
- [Bug #12274] accessing to instance variable should be fast. (shyouhei)
- [Feature #12080]Enumerable#first, Array#last with block (shyouhei)
- [Feature #12217] Introducing Enumerable#sum for precision compensated summation and revert r54237 (mrkn)
(Additional explanation is welcome because we can't ask about it immediately)
- [Feature #11210] IPAddr has no public method to get the current subnet mask (eregon) Who can review this?
- [Feature #6647] Exceptions raised in threads should be logged, Thread#report_on_exception= (eregon) Can we agree on the feature?
- [Feature #12026] Support warning filters (jeremyevans0)
- [Feature #12092] Allow Object#clone to yield cloned object before freezing (jeremyevans0)