Date: 2016/09/07 (Wed)
Time: 14:00- 18:00 (JST)
Place: TKP Kyoto Shijo Karasuma Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan
Place in Japanese: TKP京都四条烏丸カンファレンスセンター
log edit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kpW1YCRdgQJiIPfzzjqiPJURmFxuJipBTeiRFPk238M/edit
Attendees/参加者: matz, ko1, hsbt, nobu, akr, mrkn, duerst, sorah, ktsj, eregon, sonots, tenderlove, shugo, yhara, shyouhei, naruse
Language: mostly Japanese (sorry for non native Japanese speakers)
Maybe in this meeting we discuss about Ruby 2.4, based on tickets.
Please add your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss.
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly. Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about discussion on a file or each tickets in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- NOTE: Write at least "ticket number/title/link" and your name (see example below). Explain details on the ticket. If you can not attend meeting, short summary are welcome because we can understand easily (long discussion is difficult to read, especially in non-native languages). Your motivation is also welcome.
About 2.4 timeframe¶
About "ruby committers vs. the world"¶
(shyouhei) we have "ruby committers vs the world" panel discussion on Sept. 10th, what should we do?
Carry-over from previous meeting(s)¶
- [Feature #10098] [PATCH] Timing-safe string comparison for OpenSSL::HMAC (shyouhei) status?
- [Feature #12591] Allow ruby to either catch misspelled "ailas" statements or, possibly more accurately, be more specific in what it reports as an error to the end-user (shyouhei)
- [Feature #9704] Refinements as files instead of modules (shyouhei) conclusion?
- [Feature #8643] Add
- [Feature #12650] Use UTF-8 encoding for
ENVon Windows (shyouhei)
- [Bug #9569]
/dev/urandomfirst (shyouhei) I'd like to hear other opinions.
- [Feature #12512] Import
Hash#transform_valuesand its destructive version from ActiveSupport (eregon): we should discuss the name and maybe other methods like
- [Bug #12689] Thread isolation of
$_(eregon): Who can describe the semantics? Is the current sharing expected?
- [Feature #6842] Add Optional Arguments to
String#strip(sonots): I am currently working on implementing this, but am wondering about specification for regular expression argument, and arguments for strip
- [Feature #859] open-uri doesn't allow redirection to https (duerst): This seems overdue
- [Feature #7418]
- [Feature #9451] Refinements and unary
- [Bug #10103] Unable to refine class with CONSTANT (shugo)
- [Bug #11182] Refinement with alias causes strange behavior (shugo)
- [Feature #11476] Methods defined in Refinements cannot be called via send (shugo)
- [Feature #11525] Add
Module#used(refinement hook) (shugo)
- [Bug #11704] Refinements only get "used" once in loop (shugo)
- [Feature #12079] Loosening the condition for refinement (shugo)
- [Feature #12086]
using:option for instance_eval etc. (shugo)
- [Feature #12533] Refinements: allow modules inclusion, in which the module can call internal methods which it defines. (shugo)
- [Feature #12534] Refinements: refine modules as well (shugo)
- [Feature #11650] Add custom error message arg to
- [Bug #12548] Rounding modes inconsistency between
- [Bug #12588] When an exception is re-raised in the "
rescue" clause, the back trace does not contain the line in that clause (nobu)
- [Feature #12690] Improve GC with external library that may use large memory (nobu)
- [Feature #12695]
HOMEis not set (nobu)
- [Feature #12700] regexp heredoc support (nobu)
- [Bug #12709] POSIX-noncompliant
- [Feature #12732] Option to return nil instead of raise exceptions from
- [Feature #12733] Bundle bundler to ruby core
Write your name and your interest (what do you want to ask and to whom?) please.
- example: [Feature #10917] Add
GC.stat[:total_time]when GC profiling enabled (ko1)