This document is written for branch maintainers.If you are not a branch maintainer, you should not commit directly.Write a backport ticket instead of committing.
- checkout the branch
- make sure the ticket is on the backport project. (if not, the ticket won't be closed automatically)
- use tool/merger.rb.
- tool/merger.rb 12345 (merge r12345)
- tool/merger.rb 12345,67890 (merge r12345 and r67890)
- tool/merger.rb --ticket=7654 12345 (merge r12345 and include commit log the reference to Backport ticket #7654. Note that --ticket option and its argument must be delimited by '=')
/\A(?<branch>\d\.\d(\.0)?: (UNKNOWN|REQUIRED|DONE|DONTNEED|WONTFIX))(, \g<branch>)*\z/
- (Administrator can current regexp at https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/custom_fields/5/edit)