How to report bugs in Ruby
日本語版(Japanese version): HowToReportJa.
If you've encountered a bug in Ruby please report it to the redmine issuetracker available at https://bugs.ruby-lang.org. Do not report security vulnerabilities here, please report through our bounty program page at HackerOne or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should contain at least the following items.
- Reproduce process
- your ruby version (
- reproducible ruby script
- your ruby version (
- Result of reproduce process
- Expected result and the reason why you expect
There are a few simple steps you should follow in order to receive feedback on your ticket.
- If you haven't already, sign up for an account on the bug tracker.
- Try the latest version. If you aren't already using the latest version, try installing a newer stable release. See Downloading Ruby.
- Look to see if anyone already reported your issue, try searching on redmine for your problem.
- If you can't find a ticket addressing your issue, create a new one.
- Choose the target version, usually current. Bugs will be first fixed in the current release and then backported.
- Fill in the Ruby version you're using when experiencing this issue (
- Attach any logs or reproducible programs to provide additional information. Reproducible scripts should be as small as possible.
- Briefly describe your problem. A 2-3 sentence description will help give a quick response.
- Pick a category, such as core for common problems, or lib for a standard library.
- Check the Maintainers list and assign the ticket if there is an active maintainer for the library or feature.
- If the ticket doesn't have any replies after 10 days, you can send a reminder.
- Please reply to feedback requests. If a bug report doesn't get any feedback, it'll eventually get rejected.
Reporting to downstream distributions¶
You can reports downstream issues for the following distributions via their bugtracker:
- etc (add your distribution bug tracker here)
For platform specific bugs in Ruby, you can assign your ticket the currentmaintainer for a specific platform.
The current active platform maintainers are as follows:
- [mswin32, mswin64 (Microsoft Windows)] NAKAMURA Usaku (usa)
- [mingw32 (Minimalist GNU for Windows)] Nobuyoshi Nakada (nobu)
- [IA-64 (Debian GNU/Linux)] TAKANO Mitsuhiro (takano32)
- [Symbian OS] Alexander Zavorine (azov)
- [AIX] Yutaka Kanemoto (kanemoto)
- [FreeBSD] Akinori MUSHA (knu)
- [Solaris] Naohisa Goto (ngoto)
- [RHEL, CentOS] KOSAKI Motohiro (kosaki)
- [Mac OS X] Kenta Murata (mrkn)
- [cygwin, bcc32, djgpp, wince, ...] none. (Maintainer WANTED)