chucke (Tiago Cardoso)
- Login: chucke
- Registered on: 01/18/2016
- Last connection: 09/24/2022
- 04:40 PM Ruby master Feature #18926: Ractor should support mutexes and treat the block as critical section across ractors
- > In the example, allowing to mutate @map in a Ractor is fundamentally unsafe...
The proposal is for mutex blocks ...
- 08:30 AM Ruby master Bug #18919: Ractor: can't share #Method objects
- Indeed, I didn't mean "to-proc", Method objects, as per the usage example, is the one I meant.
- 02:26 PM Ruby master Feature #18926 (Open): Ractor should support mutexes and treat the block as critical section across ractors
- This is an improvement suggestion in order to foster adoption of ractors. It may not be technically impossible or unf...
- 10:07 PM Ruby master Bug #18919 (Open): Ractor: can't share #Method objects
- The following is not shareable:
> meth = ::Kernel.method(:BigDecimal)
=> #<Method: Kernel.BigDecimal(*)>...
- 11:42 PM Ruby master Feature #18894 (Open): Object#make_shareable
- I'm proposing a callback method for when one calls `Ractor.make_shareable(obj)`, the same way `Marshal.dump(obj)` cal...
- 10:47 AM Ruby master Feature #12533: Refinements: allow modules inclusion, in which the module can call internal methods which it defines.
- Thx for the reply. Is import_methods a new ruby 3.1 feature?
- 10:48 AM Ruby master Revision 553f234a (git): [ruby/uri] URI#HTTP#origin and URI#HTTP#authority (https://github.com/ruby/uri/pull/30)
Co-authored-by: Samuel Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 05:36 PM Ruby master Bug #18246 (Closed): send does not work for unary ! operator when operator isn't a literal symbol
1.send(:+, 1) #=> 2
1.send(:"+", 1) #=> 2
1.send(:-@) #=> -1
1.send(:"-@") #=> -1
false.send(:!@) #=> tr...
- 10:12 AM Ruby master Bug #18149: Can't match against strings with special codes within
- Thx for the reply. I think that's reasonable.
- 03:35 PM Ruby master Bug #18149 (Rejected): Can't match against strings with special codes within
- This can be summed up by the following example:
#=> (irb):6:in `match': invalid byte ...
Also available in: Atom