jhawthorn (John Hawthorn)
- Login: jhawthorn
- Registered on: 12/22/2016
- Last connection: 09/18/2021
- 01:03 AM Ruby master Revision 5a048829 (git): Add WB_PROTECTED to mutexes
- mutex_mark is (basically) NULL, so we don't have any references to mark.
This means we should safely be able to mark ...
- 09:24 AM Ruby master Revision d668cd18 (git): rb_fix2uint should use FIXNUM_NEGATIVE_P
- rb_num_negative_int_p is equivalent to calling the "<" method on
Integer (and checking whether it is overridden), whe...
- 08:30 PM Ruby master Bug #18078 (Closed): rb_fix2uint should avoid method lookup and use FIXNUM_NEGATIVE_P
- `rb_fix2uint` checks if the FIXNUM being converted overflows the `unsigned int` type. Previously this check was being...
- 05:58 PM Ruby master Bug #18053: Crashes and infinite loops when generating partial backtraces in Ruby 3.0+
- Thanks Jeremy! Just confirmed that the fix in ruby_3_0 solves all the crashes and hangs we were seeing.
- 11:41 PM Ruby master Bug #18053: Crashes and infinite loops when generating partial backtraces in Ruby 3.0+
- jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote in #note-1:
> At this point, I think reverting the optimization in 3.0 is the best...
- 11:08 PM Ruby master Bug #18053 (Closed): Crashes and infinite loops when generating partial backtraces in Ruby 3.0+
- In Ruby 3.0+ there are some cases where generating a partial backtrace will hang (due to an infinite loop) or segfaul...
- 09:09 PM Ruby master Revision c10d5085 (git): Enable frozen_string_literal in builtin_iseq_load
- Currently this has a fairly minor effect as strings are not used heavily
inside the builtins (outside of warnings, re...
- 03:14 PM Ruby master Revision 0aa4ca14 (git): Fix compilation with jemalloc on macos
- On darwin we avoid including sys/user.h to avoid a conflict. Previously
we still ended up with PAGE_SIZE being define...
- 05:38 PM Ruby master Revision 9d0ae387 (git): Remove DEFINED_IVAR2 from enum
- This version of defined? doesn't seem to be possible to emit anymore.
- 12:08 AM Ruby master Bug #17573 (Open): Crashes in profiling tools when signals arrive in non-Ruby threads
- Stackprof (and likely similar tools) works by setting up a timer to sends it a unix signal on an interval. From that ...
Also available in: Atom