mike (Michael Selig)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 09/15/2008
- Last connection: 09/22/2010
- 03:34 PM Ruby master Bug #3855 (Closed): String#rindex extremely slow on long UTF8 strings
Not really a bug .....
I think this issue was raised a few months ago, but I have done a very simple patch ...
- 07:36 AM Ruby master Bug #1317: Creating a range with strings
This is a (possibly confusing) consequence of the behaviour of String#next.
For most sortable objects, the ...
- 08:00 AM Ruby master Bug #1203 (Closed): IO#gets ignores the limit parameter when sep is nil
According to the doc f.gets(nil) returns the rest of the file. This works fine. But the doc also says that "l...
- 08:07 AM Ruby master Feature #1106: Script encoding vs. default_internal: Implicitly transcode strings/regexps
There were a number of quite long discussions about String (and Regexp) literal encodings (as well as other e...
- 08:27 AM Ruby master Feature #908: Should be an easy way of reading N characters from am I/O stream
I have a simple use-case:
Existing datafile has fixed length records, currently single-byte chars. I wan...
- 01:07 PM Ruby master Bug #942: Build fails on IA-32 Linux with gcc 4.3.2
I reported this on ruby-core last week ([ruby-core:20850] Re: Problems compiling R20933 on Ubuntu 8.10 Linux)...
- 05:54 AM Ruby master Feature #908 (Rejected): Should be an easy way of reading N characters from am I/O stream
I know of no way of reading N characters (as opposed to bytes) and returning a string other than writing a l...
- 01:28 PM Ruby master Feature #695: More flexibility when combining ASCII-8BIT strings with other encodings
Sorry, I meant Array#pack, not String#pack of course.
- 12:53 PM Ruby master Feature #695 (Closed): More flexibility when combining ASCII-8BIT strings with other encodings
Consider the following 3 Ruby statements:
# String#pack always returns ASCII-8BIT
s1 = [97, 98, 99, 15...
- 08:25 AM Ruby master Feature #640 (Rejected): New Array#encoding_pack -> string method
Now that we have String#each_codepoint there are times when you want to pack an array of integer codepoints b...
Also available in: Atom