alanwu (Alan Wu)
- 03:56 AM Ruby master Feature #16295: Chainable aliases for String#-@ and String#+@
- @phluid61 Sorry bout that. I should have checked the history before posting my misleading comment!
- 12:31 AM Ruby master Feature #16295: Chainable aliases for String#-@ and String#+@
- I like `dedup` too. `-@` was introduced to expose deduplication in the first place.
Usages I've seen all have to do ...
- 12:32 AM Ruby master Feature #11660: a falsy value (similar to js undefined) that facilitates forwarding of default arguments
- Since the beginning of time (correct me if I'm wrong), the two falsy values in Ruby has been `false` and `nil`, perio...
- 09:37 AM Ruby master Revision c56d8dea (git): Mention correct class name in uninitialized error
- I think this meant to mention `MatchData`? This is a breaking change, but
should be a minor one.
- 07:30 PM Ruby master Feature #16276: For consideration: "private do...end" / "protected do...end"
- The extra complication comes from this part of the original proposal:
- 01:23 PM Ruby master Revision 0aaa15f6 (git): [ruby/zlib] Fix setting mtime to zero in GzipWriter
- Before this change, it was not possible to write out zero for the
timestamp part of a Gzip file's header, as calling ...
- 11:11 PM Ruby master Feature #16275: Revert `.:` syntax
- `.:` has special power in that one cannot change its semantics by redefining a
method. It other words, it's a fundam...
- 09:14 PM Ruby master Feature #16276: For consideration: "private do...end" / "protected do...end"
- For the following:
o = Object.new
def o.hello; end
- 06:06 PM Ruby master Bug #16285 (Closed): Setting mtime to zero on Zlib::GzipWriter does nothing
- Run the following script to observe the issue
def write_gzip_file(content, mtime)
- 03:37 PM Ruby master Revision 4c7f789e (git): Allow only one argument for keyword_init struct
irb(main):002:0> S = Struct.new(:foo, keyword_init: true)
Also available in: Atom