marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
- Login: marcandre
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 10/20/2008
- Last connection: 12/19/2020
- 04:49 AM Ruby master Bug #17838 (Open): `Set#intersect?` and enumerables
- `Set#intersect?` currently accepts only a `set` argument.
It should accept an enumerable argument:
- 05:41 PM Ruby master Feature #17830: Add Integer#previous and Integer#prev
- I'm against this proposal.
In general, I don't favor aliases as they usually increase cognitive load, make code le...
- 09:05 PM Ruby master Feature #17808: Feature Request: JS like splat of Object properties as named method parameters
- I believe the answers given so far should help (i.e. `(**rest)` and defining `to_hash`).
Also looks into `Struct` ...
- 03:10 AM Ruby master Bug #17521: [Matrix stdlib] Zero matrix to the power of zero
- Since `matrix` is a gem that can be updated independently from Ruby, I think backports are not required. In addition,...
- 05:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords
- My main objection to `local_variable_get` is that it's super verbose / ugly.
> How would you handle `foo(class_, c...
- 01:38 PM Ruby master Feature #17790: Have a way to clear a String without resetting its capacity
- Looks good. I doubt very much that this would be a compatibility concern.
- 10:27 PM CommonRuby Feature #11541 (Closed): Let attr_accessor, _reader & _writer return symbols of the defined methods
- Shipped in Ruby 3.0
- 09:43 PM Ruby master Feature #17786: Proposal: new "ends" keyword
- Please no. Error prone, not particularly useful, can not be nested, potentially incompatible, ...
- 04:55 PM Ruby master Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords
- Clearly, `class_` is much simpler and much faster than `binding.local_variable_get(:class)`...
- 03:08 PM Ruby master Feature #17785 (Open): Allow named parameters to be keywords
- We should allow named parameters to be keywords and use add a trailing `_` to the corresponding variable:
Also available in: Atom