- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 12/16/2008
- Last connection: 01/22/2016
- 02:19 AM CommonRuby Feature #12020: Documenting Ruby memory model
- I have had a quick read through comments on this issue, and I have a few responses. Sorry for my late arrival...I had...
- 03:50 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12481 (Open): Add Array#view to allow opt-in copy-on-write sharing of Array contents
- Currently the only way to get a copy-on-write view of an existing array is to construct a new array, via `#` or `pa...
- 04:28 PM Ruby trunk Feature #3187: Allow dynamic Fiber stack size
- FYI, it appears at least one Ruby implementation has implemented this unilaterally: https://github.com/rubinius/rubin...
- 03:44 AM Ruby trunk Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
- Here's an implementation in JRuby: https://github.com/jruby/jruby/pull/3937
From the primary commit:
- 01:08 AM Ruby trunk Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
- > (1) Thread#report_on_exception = true
> Show exception and backlog immediately (already proposed)
> (2) Threa...
- 09:59 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12372: Resolv::DNS does not fetch authority section resources when calling getresource(s)
- Thumbs up from JRuby. We'll merge this in when ruby-core agrees.
- 10:34 PM Ruby trunk Feature #7314: Convert Proc to Lambda doesn't work in MRI
- Maybe this should warn or error when you attempt to turn a proc into a lambda?
The JRuby behavior is not intention...
- 08:49 PM Ruby trunk Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
- > I wanted to say this is "better than nothing". I understand people want it with default on, and myself can live wit...
- 08:27 PM Ruby trunk Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
- > Benoit, I advise you to compromise on the default value. Once this feature gets implemented, its default value coul...
- 06:44 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12359: Named captures "conflict" warning is unnecessary and limits uses of named captures
- I have worked around this for now in JRuby by modifying the warning to *only* fire if a named capture was previously ...
Also available in: Atom