headius (Charles Nutter)
- Login: headius
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 12/16/2008
- Last connection: 06/13/2020
- 10:21 PM Ruby master Misc #16778: Should we stop vendoring default gems code?
- > We can extract like matrix, prime and tracer as bundled gems from the default gems.
That is not what I am looking ...
- 08:48 PM Ruby master Misc #16778: Should we stop vendoring default gems code?
- +1000 for this. JRuby is currently the only Ruby implementation that sources the default and bundled gems exclusively...
- 04:11 AM Ruby master Revision 33641e00 (git): Remove private_iv_get
- The only remaining use of this function was to get the internal
message object from an exception's hidden `mesg` inst...
- 12:21 PM Ruby master Revision 46ba416a (git): [ruby/webrick] Skip env-locale-sensitive CGI test on the "java" platform
- JRuby's environment variables are provided by the Java Development
Kit's (JDK's) classes, which present them as a map...
- 09:29 PM Ruby master Bug #17105: A single `return` can return to two different places in a proc inside a lambda inside a method
- Just to be clear I am +1 on single return target, as described here: https://github.com/jruby/jruby/issues/6350#issue...
- 06:16 PM Ruby master Feature #17055: Allow suppressing uninitialized instance variable and method redefined verbose mode warnings
- Another note:
> In fact I wouldn't be surprised if on other Ruby implementations initializing led to better perfor...
- 06:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17055: Allow suppressing uninitialized instance variable and method redefined verbose mode warnings
- Some JRuby perspective...
Personally, I have never been a big fan of the warning, but I don't have a strong opinion ...
- 07:42 PM Ruby master Feature #16150: Add a way to request a frozen string from to_s
- I'd like to revisit this since it seems there's anecdotal evidence that returning frozen strings from Symbol#to_s is ...
- 05:26 PM Ruby master Feature #17002: Extend heap pages to exactly 16KiB
- I chatted with @tenderlovemaking a bit about this.
I did some research as well and my reading of this "extra" meta...
- 05:02 PM Ruby master Feature #17004: Provide a way for methods to omit their return value
- > I'd see an explicit caution such as "DO NOT ABUSE THIS!" in its document.
It will definitely be abused.
I do ...
Also available in: Atom