postmodern (Hal Brodigan)
- Login: postmodern
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 12/17/2008
- Last connection: 05/05/2023
- 12:14 AM Ruby master Feature #19630: [RFC] Deprecate `Kernel.open("|command-here")` due to frequent security issues
- A more complete list of the CVEs related to `Kernel.open`:
* CVE-2017-17405 (ruby, net-ftp)
* CVE-2017-17790 (rub...
- 11:12 PM Ruby master Feature #19630 (Open): [RFC] Deprecate `Kernel.open("|command-here")` due to frequent security issues
- `Kernel.open()` is the source of numerous  security  issues , due to the fact that it can be used to execute...
- 02:07 PM Ruby master Bug #18766: ArgumentError with no backtrace information when requiring openssl/cipher and initializing an OpenSSL::Cipher
- @Hanmac oh I am aware that `require 'openssl'` is the correct way to load all of openssl. The bug in question is that...
- 10:36 AM Ruby master Bug #18766 (Rejected): ArgumentError with no backtrace information when requiring openssl/cipher and initializing an OpenSSL::Cipher
- I discovered a mysterious ArgumentError when requiring 'openssl/cipher' instead of 'openssl' and initializing a OpenS...
- 10:00 PM Ruby master Revision c1554457 (git): [ruby/reline] Ignore global constants when checking if Fiddle::VERSION exists
- If a top-level `VERSION` constant exists, or if a module containing a `VERSION` constant is included into the top-lev...
- 04:56 AM Ruby master Feature #18481: Porting YJIT to Rust (request for feedback)
- @mwlang I'm a big fan of Crystal, but unfortunately it contains a GC and cannot compile down to a shared or static li...
- 05:27 AM Ruby master Feature #18481: Porting YJIT to Rust (request for feedback)
- Maintainer of ruby-install here along with @havenwood. By design ruby-install will install all build and runtime depe...
- 03:46 PM Ruby master Feature #18334: ENV#to_h returns a new Hash object but Hash#to_h does not, which can cause inconsistencies
- With the current implementation of ENV#to_h, `ENV.to_h.dup` would create two new Hashes instead of one. `hash.to_h.du...
- 05:08 AM Ruby master Feature #18334 (Open): ENV#to_h returns a new Hash object but Hash#to_h does not, which can cause inconsistencies
- I noticed that in ruby-3.1.0-preview1 ENV#dup was removed in favor of ENV#to_h. However, methods that accept either E...
- 03:25 AM Ruby master Bug #11869 (Closed): random hang/SegFault when accessing a missing constant in irb
- While testing ruby-2.2.4 on Fedora 22, I noticed that sometimes ruby would hang or segfault when accessing a missing ...
Also available in: Atom