ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
- Login: ioquatix
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/10/2011
- Last connection: 07/20/2022
- 10:14 PM Ruby master Bug #18810: Make `Kernel#p` interruptable.
- > My concern is that inserting p(...) changes a program behavior unintentionally (except that the p writes something ...
- 05:51 AM Ruby master Bug #18810: Make `Kernel#p` interruptable.
- @mame I understand the discussion and I'm okay with the outcome, but I still don't understand why being uninterruptib...
- 11:48 AM Ruby master Feature #18630: Introduce general `IO#timeout` and `IO#timeout=` for blocking operations.
- Okay, I was able to make it work:
STDIN.timeout = 1
- 10:13 AM Ruby master Feature #18630: Introduce general `IO#timeout` and `IO#timeout=` for blocking operations.
- I think we can make this for blocking operations too, but the code path will be a little different if a timeout is set.
- 03:19 AM Ruby master Feature #18885: End of boot advisory API for RubyVM
- This is a really nice idea. My current implementation uses `GC.compact` during prefork stage, and it shows a big adva...
- 11:41 PM Ruby master Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace
- @sawa Thanks for your feedback and the improved code.
Based on my own needs and other code (see <https://apidock.com...
- 12:03 AM Ruby master Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace
def name(offset = nil)
return super() unless offset
parts = super().split('::')
- 06:52 AM Ruby master Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace
- @tenderlovemaking what about some kind of "uplevel" concept for name:
class A::B::C::MyClass; end
- 06:05 AM Ruby master Bug #18886: Struct aref and aset don't trigger any tracepoints.
- With some minor changes the best performance I could get is around 20% cost:
- 03:23 AM Ruby master Bug #18886: Struct aref and aset don't trigger any tracepoints.
- Here is my performance comparison:
Firstly, with no changes (should be identical, shows some variance).
Also available in: Atom