ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
- Login: ioquatix
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 07/10/2011
- Last connection: 10/21/2021
- 11:17 AM Ruby master Feature #18083: Capture error in ensure block.
foo rescue $!
Maybe we can improve this:
foo rescue => error
- 11:15 AM Ruby master Feature #18083: Capture error in ensure block.
- Proposal to RuboCop to introduce warning: https://github.com/rubocop/rubocop/issues/10204
I support deprecating `$!`...
- 08:58 AM Ruby master Bug #18258: Ractor.shareable? can be slow and mutates internal object flags.
- I feel from a predictability POV, it would definitely be advantageous to set `RB_FL_SHAREABLE` in every case it's kno...
- 03:19 AM Ruby master Bug #18258 (Open): Ractor.shareable? can be slow and mutates internal object flags.
- On my computer, even with a relatively small object graph,`Ractor.shareable?` can be quite slow (around 1-2ms). The f...
- 03:21 AM Ruby master Feature #18035: Introduce general model/semantic for immutable by default.
- After discussing it, we found some good ideas regarding immutability in Ruby.
Firstly, we need some definition for i...
- 08:32 PM Ruby master Bug #17146: Queue operations are allowed after it is frozen
- > I think there is only one rational answer here: Queue#freeze should prevent mutations to the Queue just like for Ar...
- 12:50 AM Ruby master Feature #18020: Introduce `IO::Buffer` for fiber scheduler.
- > In the description's code, there is lock and unlock. Are those supposed to be thread-safe? If yes I think you'd nee...
- 05:30 AM Ruby master Feature #18020: Introduce `IO::Buffer` for fiber scheduler.
- > mame: I cannot understand what is finally needed. Doesn’t String with ASCII-8BIT work?
String is both insufficient...
- 08:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17849: Fix Timeout.timeout so that it can be used in threaded Web servers
- The fiber scheduler redefines `Timeout` to only well defined wait points.
We could also do the same for other opti...
- 10:02 AM Ruby master Feature #18228: Add a `timeout` option to `IO.copy_stream`
- > As for the return value in case of a timeout, it is important to convey both that a timeout happened, and the numbe...
Also available in: Atom