- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/26/2011
- Last connection: 11/22/2016
- 06:48 PM Ruby trunk Misc #11904: Why was Thread.exclusive deprecated?
- I came here cause I was curious why Thread.exclusive was deprecated, and didn't find an answer!
But for anyone els...
- 02:59 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12718: BigDecimal() should raise on invalid input, consistent with Integer() and Float()
- Oops it ate my bigdecimal output
BigDecimal("2.2") # => BigDecimal '0.22E1',18(18)
BigDecimal("invalid") # => Big...
- 02:58 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12718 (Closed): BigDecimal() should raise on invalid input, consistent with Integer() and Fl...
Integer("2") # => 2
Integer("invalid") # raises ArgumentError: invalid value for Integer()
- 03:53 PM Ruby trunk Feature #9999: Type Annotations (Static Type Checking)
- Existing ruby has interesting bits of a kind of formal duck-typing for some core library classes, like String#to_s an...
- 02:39 PM Ruby trunk Bug #11078 (Open): 2.2 String#unicode_normalize method does not appear in generated API docs
- The new in 2.2 String#unicode_normalize and String#unicode_normalized? methods are very useful.
But they do not s...
- 08:20 PM Ruby trunk Bug #10564: DelegateClass, method_missing, and instance_eval -- different behavior in ruby 2.1
- Okay, thanks.
What I don't understand is, if `method_missing` is not defined in the `< DelegateClass(Object)` cla...
- 03:23 PM Ruby trunk Bug #10564: DelegateClass, method_missing, and instance_eval -- different behavior in ruby 2.1
- Oh, and you can note `Kernel.raise` and `Kernel.puts` in the reproduction -- this was neccesary to actually access `r...
- 03:22 PM Ruby trunk Bug #10564 (Closed): DelegateClass, method_missing, and instance_eval -- different behavior in ru...
- This is an odd one, I don't completely understand. But there is different behavior in ruby 2.0 vs 2.1, and the 2.0 be...
- 10:56 AM Ruby trunk Feature #6321: Find and repair bad bytes in encodings, without transcoding
- Turns out this is already built into stdlib, and has been in 1.9.3 too!
It took me nearly a year to realize it was...
- 07:18 AM Ruby trunk Feature #6321: Find and repair bad bytes in encodings, without transcoding
- Another way to solve this, rather than add a new method, could be making String#encode with `:invalid => :replace` op...
Also available in: Atom