AaronLasseigne (Aaron Lasseigne)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 03/21/2012
- Last connection: 02/01/2019
- 04:44 AM Ruby master Bug #15597: syscall not returning true from private_method_defined?
- I'm on MacOS 10.14.3 and yes it does raise a `NotImplementedError`. Even so, shouldn't it be shown as a private method?
- 08:28 PM Ruby master Bug #15597 (Rejected): syscall not returning true from private_method_defined?
- `syscode` is a private method on `Object` but when checked with `private_method_defined?` it returns `false`.
- 04:04 AM Ruby master Feature #14362: use BigDecimal instead of Float by default
> Why do you think they are not familiar with floating-point values like IEEE754?
In my experience, most...
- 11:05 PM Ruby master Feature #14362: use BigDecimal instead of Float by default
- I don't think anyone is arguing that this fixes everything or is "a magic bullet". I think most developers are famili...
- 05:53 PM Ruby master Feature #14362: use BigDecimal instead of Float by default
- That's absolutely true. However, it's much less likely and I would say less surprising than the issues you find with ...
- 09:32 PM Ruby master Feature #14362 (Rejected): use BigDecimal instead of Float by default
- When writing a decimal the default type assigned is `Float`:
This is great ...
- 11:11 PM Ruby master Bug #14257 (Closed): the chomp option removes newlines in additon to the provided separator for String#each_line and String#lines
- I'm not entirely sure this is a bug but I had a hard time finding anything that indicated that the change was on purp...
- 04:13 PM Ruby master Feature #13625 (Rejected): BigDecimal short form / shorthand
- Add a shorthand for creating a BigDecimal, similar to how 1.2r creates a Rational.
- 02:49 PM Ruby master Feature #13495: add Range#count as an alias to Range#size
- > PS: "Enumerable does not have size" is incorrect. Enumerable have a size method, although it may return nil if the ...
- 06:29 PM Ruby master Feature #13495: add Range#count as an alias to Range#size
- I should have considered that. I was focused on the use case at hand. :(
I still feel like there needs to be a way...
Also available in: Atom