sam.saffron (Sam Saffron)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/22/2012
- Last connection: 06/18/2018
- 10:36 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14850 (Open): Add official API for setting timezone on Time
- Only way of setting zone on a Time object appears to be via marshalling and messing with ENV.
>> ENV['TZ'] =...
- 06:25 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14819: Efficient cstring to RVALUE typecasting for c extension gems
- I like the idea of a building block that converts to Integer or (Integer pair) if it is acceptable, you can already i...
- 06:17 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14478: String #uminus should de-dupe unconditionally
- To me this patch looks good I have tested it previously on discourse, I really like the documentation there I think i...
- 03:03 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12306: Implement String #blank? #present? and improve #strip and family to handle unicode
- @matz ... is there any way we can revise this and act on it? I really want to kill off my "fast_blank" gem. The 2 dec...
- 12:48 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14819: Efficient cstring to RVALUE typecasting for c extension gems
- Interesting, maybe what we need is a magic typecaster gem that centralizes all this work and is implemented in Ruby f...
- 11:21 PM Ruby trunk Feature #14819 (Open): Efficient cstring to RVALUE typecasting for c extension gems
- A general pattern I notice in the PG / MySQL and other gems is a general need for a C string to RVALUE type casting.
- 07:17 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?
- @mame I agree this is a problem it makes it slightly more complex to install Ruby. Ideally the build process could de...
- 07:40 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14739: Improve fiber yield/resume performance
- Does this change move us any closer to being able to ship fibers between threads?
- 07:33 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?
- > You can explicitly specify --with-jemalloc, for a long time. I don't see any practical reason why that's insufficie...
- 06:07 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14723: [WIP] sleepy GC
- I found one place where we were not using async_exec so I changed it to use async_exec... this is revised numbers:
Also available in: Atom