zverok (Victor Shepelev)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 07/05/2009
- Last connection: 10/10/2019
- 02:32 PM Ruby master Feature #15822: Add Hash#except
- @matz About use-cases, there are multiple, like:
* Logging/debug printing some hash with sensitive or too large da...
- 01:17 PM Ruby master Feature #16253: Shorthand "forward everything" syntax
- > But it's true that often we want to operate on the arguments before forwarding, so I think maybe an asymmetric synt...
- 11:26 AM Ruby master Misc #16232: DevelopersMeeting20191017Japan
- * [Feature #15822] Add `Hash#except`
* The method is really useful, even with ActiveSupport-less codebases I const...
- 09:48 AM Ruby master Feature #16249 (Open): Dir#empty? and File#empty?
- I don't think it is a super-valuable addition (as nobody complained about it, or I can't find similar proposals), but...
- 10:05 PM Ruby master Feature #16241: Shorter syntax for anonymous refinements
- I believe that is really super-good thing. As I've written elsewhere in this tracker, the most useful case for refine...
- 06:02 AM Ruby master Feature #16183: Hash#with_default
- > That means a copy of the Hash is necessary on each call to `#with_default`.
Yes, the same way it is for, say, `m...
- 02:39 AM Ruby master Revision 366dd9d8 (git): [ruby/fileutils] Update the documentation content and formatting
- 07:23 PM Ruby master Feature #16183: Hash#with_default
- > Duplicate of #11761
I don't think it is a duplicate, though I haven't clarified an important behavior indeed:
- 01:01 PM Ruby master Feature #16183 (Open): Hash#with_default
- Reasons: there is no way, currently, to *declaratively* define Hash with default value (for example, to store it in c...
- 01:53 PM Ruby master Bug #16178: Numbered parameters: _1 should be the same as |x| and _0 should not exist
- Some counter-points (that being said, I dislike the "unnamed parameters" idea as a whole, because I am afraid this fe...
Also available in: Atom