baweaver (Brandon Weaver)
- Login: baweaver
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 11/10/2013
- Last connection: 06/09/2022
- 02:49 AM Ruby master Feature #18951: Object#with to set and restore attributes around a block
- This idea is very similar to Algebraic effects, which dry-rb has a variant on:
- 09:21 PM Ruby master Feature #18980: Re-reconsider numbered parameters: `it` as a default block parameter
- #### Aliasing
While I understand that `_1` is not necessarily clear and immediately obvious it has seen a lot of use...
- 06:59 AM Ruby master Feature #16122: Data: simple immutable value object
- k0kubun (Takashi Kokubun) wrote in #note-37:
> My enthusiastic +1 for `Data`.
> I've used Kotlin and its [Data...
- 07:24 AM Ruby master Feature #18821: Expose Pattern Matching interfaces in core classes
- I'll write a bit more on this later in longer form, but I do believe we have a very interesting and amusingly very Ru...
- 04:58 AM Ruby master Feature #18821: Expose Pattern Matching interfaces in core classes
- I have opened one PR against CSV: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/5994
I have noted the potential precedent this...
- 03:41 AM Ruby master Feature #18821: Expose Pattern Matching interfaces in core classes
- matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote in #note-2:
> I agree with part of the proposal. Set and OpenStruct do not have orde...
- 06:07 AM Ruby master Feature #18821 (Open): Expose Pattern Matching interfaces in core classes
- ## Problem Statement
Pattern matching is an exceptionally powerful feature in modern versions of Ruby, but it has ...
- 08:45 AM Ruby master Misc #18609: keyword decomposition in enumerable (question/guidance)
- sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada) wrote in #note-2:
> Perhaps, you can also do this:
> drafts.each do |draft|
- 08:17 AM Ruby master Feature #18603: Allow syntax like obj.method(arg)=value
- I believe in this particular case it would make more sense to have a dual method to `dig`, rather than adding additio...
- 07:26 AM Ruby master Feature #16757: Add intersection to Range
- I'd like to see this explored, as I find myself solving a number of problems that involve Range merging, and potentia...
Also available in: Atom