baweaver (Brandon Weaver)
- Login: baweaver
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 11/10/2013
- Last connection: 10/29/2020
- 06:26 AM Ruby master Feature #17292: Hash Shorthand / Punning
- I would agree this is a duplicate, but in the last year we have had the introduction of the pattern matching syntax w...
- 05:07 AM Ruby master Feature #17292 (Open): Hash Shorthand / Punning
There was a proposal for a Set literal here: https://bugs.ruby-lang.o...
- 04:51 AM Ruby master Feature #17290: Syntax sugar for boolean keyword argument
- I would concur with Marc-Andre on this one, I believe punning would be a more valuable feature, especially for keywor...
- 07:52 PM Ruby master Feature #17140 (Open): Merge Enumerable#grep(_v) with Enumerable#select/reject
- In recent versions of Ruby we've gotten new behavior of some Enumerable methods like any?, all?, none?, one?, and oth...
- 07:30 PM Ruby master Feature #15123: Enumerable#compact proposal
- @matz: Its presence in Array and Hash make it more of a common interface that I could see being defined for Enumerabl...
- 07:37 PM Ruby master Feature #16253: Shorthand "forward everything" syntax
- Going to do a writeup on this later tonight if anyone wants to proof-read it, it'll be interesting to see what the wi...
- 03:24 AM Ruby master Feature #16182: Should `expr in a, b, c` be allowed or not?
- I wonder if it would make sense to reverse this to be left-to-right (LTR) rather than right-to-left (RTL) to make it ...
- 08:27 AM Ruby master Feature #15799: pipeline operator
- I wonder if it would be possible to get method objects somehow. `.:` was capable of doing this off of objects, but do...
- 06:15 AM Ruby master Feature #15799: pipeline operator
- That's a very fair point @jeremyevans0, it would introduce two lookup chains even under the most ideal of circumstanc...
- 02:51 AM Ruby master Feature #15799: pipeline operator
- I have written on my opinions here: https://dev.to/baweaver/ruby-2-7-the-pipeline-operator-1b2d
But in summary, I ...
Also available in: Atom