byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Login: byroot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 09/23/2020
- 05:54 AM Ruby master Revision 91865230 (git): [rubygems/rubygems] Eval defaults with frozen_string_literal: true
- 09:07 PM Ruby master Bug #17184: No stdlib function to perform simple string replacement
- > There is already String#replace
Oh wow, I somehow missed that...
- 06:18 PM Ruby master Bug #17184: No stdlib function to perform simple string replacement
- > But then we need to clarify if that replaces the first or all occurrences
As far as I know, String `replace` com...
- 04:57 PM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > Is there a use-case for mod.descendants where mod is a module and not a class?
Not that I know of. Active Suppor...
- 11:19 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > (and Kernel.descendants is the same but with Kernel extra).
I'm not sure `Module#descendants` is really useful, ...
- 10:27 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > `self < self # => self`
I made a mistake meant `=> false`.
> I expect Object.descendants to be quite slow
- 10:08 AM Ruby master Feature #14394: Class.descendants
- > self should be is contained or not?
I don't think it should no. `self < self # => self`.
> singleton classes ...
- 10:03 AM Ruby master Bug #17184: No stdlib function to perform simple string replacement
- IMHO, rather than change the behavior of `gsub`, introducing a much simpler `String#replace(search, replace)` would m...
- 08:28 AM Ruby master Revision e1659af3 (git): Add an option to escape forward slash character
- Squashed commit of the following:
Author: Francois Chagnon <francois...
- 08:28 AM Ruby master Revision 927a377a (git): [flori/json] Fix JSON.load_file doc
Also available in: Atom