byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Login: byroot
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 11/02/2021
- 07:52 AM Ruby master Bug #18501: [BUG] try to mark T_NONE object in RubyVM::InstructionSequence. load_from_binary
- Thanks @tenderlove, your explanation makes sense to me.
From your description we should be able to reproduce with...
- 10:20 AM Ruby master Feature #18273: Class#subclasses
- Sure, and you are entitled to it, I just don't understand how you reconcile it with the existence of weak references.
- 10:17 AM Ruby master Feature #18273: Class#subclasses
- To me it behave just like weak references do:
weakmap = ObjectSpace::WeakMap.new
weakmap[Object.new] = O...
- 10:07 AM Ruby master Feature #18273: Class#subclasses
- I don't think I understand what your issue is. `subclasses` returns all the *live object* (not yet GCed) that are dir...
- 08:26 AM Ruby master Feature #18273: Class#subclasses
- > In my view, this method does not play well with object lifetime, semantically.
This is perfectly fine, Ruby isn'...
- 11:51 AM Ruby master Bug #18501: [BUG] try to mark T_NONE object in RubyVM::InstructionSequence. load_from_binary
- I sent the core files to Aaron privately.
- 09:47 PM Ruby master Bug #18249: The ABI version of dev builds of CRuby does not correspond to the ABI
- > There might be more places that have this kind of assumption, so I feel like changing ruby_version will be a breaki...
- 03:02 PM Ruby master Bug #18501 (Open): [BUG] try to mark T_NONE object in RubyVM::InstructionSequence. load_from_binary
<OBJ_INFO:firstname.lastname@example.org:6709> 0x00007fbf1fba1270 [2 M ] T_NONE
- 03:36 PM Ruby master Feature #18498: Introduce a public WeakKeysMap that compares by equality
- After another quick chat with @eregon I removed one of the use cases because I made a mistake, it does require a `Wea...
- 11:15 AM Ruby master Feature #16038 (Closed): Provide a public WeakMap that compares by equality rather than by identity
- Closing in favor of https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18498 as requested.
Also available in: Atom