byroot (Jean Boussier)
- Login: byroot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 03/11/2014
- Last connection: 08/26/2022
- 08:06 AM Ruby master Feature #19024: Proposal: Import Modules
- I'm also very much in favor of introducing a first class "package" construct, since there are way too many edge cases...
- 02:53 PM Ruby master Bug #14900 (Closed): Extra allocation in String#byteslice
- I think if we stick solely to the ticket description, I think https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/6443 (`2e88bca`) fixe...
- 11:41 AM Ruby master Revision 2e88bca2 (git): string.c: don't create a frozen copy for str_new_shared
- str_new_shared already has all the necessary logic to do this
and is also smart enough to skip this step if the sourc...
- 09:38 AM Ruby master Bug #18938: Backport cf7d07570f50ef9c16007019afcff11ba6500d70
- I don't understand, it works fine on my machine. I made two backport PRs, maybe it doesn't work on some system and CI...
- 09:27 AM Ruby master Bug #18938: Backport cf7d07570f50ef9c16007019afcff11ba6500d70
- @nagachika on 3.0, 3.1 or both?
- 06:46 AM Ruby master Feature #18982: Add an `exception: false` argument for Queue#push, Queue#pop, SizedQueue#push and SizedQueue#pop
- > Is it enough?
Interesting, I never thought of that.
I think I can work with that, but then I think this behav...
- 10:26 AM Ruby master Feature #10320: require into module
- > I guess that the ultimate goal is to modularize the monolith to microservices, and that this proposal is for the in...
- 08:02 AM Ruby master Bug #19012: BasicSocket#recv* methods return an empty packet instead of nil on closed connections
- @akr pointed on the PR that this behavior might be desirable for "connection-less" sockets such as `DGRAM`.
- 06:03 AM Ruby master Feature #18951: Object#with to set and restore attributes around a block
- 02:13 PM Ruby master Bug #19012: BasicSocket#recv* methods return an empty packet instead of nil on closed connections
- I opened a PoC patch for it: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/6407
Also available in: Atom