chrisseaton (Chris Seaton)
- Login: chrisseaton
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 10/14/2014
- Last connection: 07/29/2021
- 09:11 PM Ruby master Feature #18042: YARV code optimization
- I think you'd have to do a lot of work, to even get the basic benefits of this approach. So they may not want what is...
- 12:28 PM Ruby master Feature #18042: YARV code optimization
- Yes these are all optimisations that compilers can do and you can see them being done in implementations of Ruby like...
- 12:51 PM Ruby master Feature #18042: YARV code optimization
- This is how the various JITs for Ruby work. You usually think of a JIT emitting machine code, but they could also emi...
- 01:06 PM Ruby master Misc #17888: "What's Here" section for class and module documentation
- It's always great when someone volunteers to work on documentation!
But doesn't the documentation already have a t...
- 04:59 PM Ruby master Feature #17859: Start IRB when running just `ruby`
- A compromise could be a warning - TruffleRuby warns when standard in is a terminal, but otherwise works as normal. As...
- 03:55 PM Ruby master Feature #17786: Proposal: new "ends" keyword
- > Please focus on the intent and purpose, and not semantics.
But we have to decide what the semantics will be in o...
- 04:55 PM Ruby master Feature #17786: Proposal: new "ends" keyword
- > no conflict with legacy code
How do you differentiate between a call to a method called `ends` in legacy code, a...
- 05:17 PM Ruby master Bug #17777: 2.6.7 fails to build on macOS: implicit declaration of function 'rb_native_mutex_destroy' is invalid in C99
- I've also been experiencing this build failure and can reproduce on multiple systems.
- 07:37 PM Ruby master Bug #17739: Array#sort! changes the order even if the receiver raises FrozenError in given block
- I think the point of `#sort!` is that it sorts in-place - so not creating a copy. If we want to be able to restore th...
- 01:21 PM Ruby master Feature #17684: Remove `--disable-gems` from release version of Ruby
- I don't have anything invested in this myself, but just for information to help the discussion, here's two examples o...
Also available in: Atom