chrisseaton (Chris Seaton)
- Login: chrisseaton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 10/14/2014
- Last connection: 03/02/2021
- 11:37 AM Ruby master Bug #17631: `Numeric#real?` incorrectly returns true for `NaN` and `INFINITY`
- I think 'real' in this context just means 'not complex'.
- 01:38 PM Ruby master Bug #17630: '+' doesn't work correctly for some floats (x.07 + y.4 will give z.46999999999997 instead of z.47)
- Did you read this?
- 10:12 AM Ruby master Bug #17619: if false foo=42; end creates a foo local variable set to nil
- > but why would a variable be created in a program-flow primitive ie (if etc) if that condition is such that that cod...
- 10:03 AM Ruby master Bug #17619: if false foo=42; end creates a foo local variable set to nil
- I think this is specified and intended behaviour.
- 02:34 AM Ruby master Feature #12607: Ruby needs an atomic integer
- > In my experience financial transactions will be handled at the DB level.
So imagine you're implementing the DB t...
- 11:45 PM Ruby master Feature #12607: Ruby needs an atomic integer
- > You can achieve something similar with Object.new.object_id
You may want them to be consecutive.
> Why atomic...
- 09:45 PM Ruby master Feature #12607: Ruby needs an atomic integer
- > What is the use case for this atomic integer?
For example for issuing unique IDs across multiple Ractors.
- 04:25 PM Ruby master Feature #17323: Ractor::LVar to provide ractor-local storage
- I don't think there's a massive overlap there, and there's no many letters we could use.
- 03:11 PM Ruby master Feature #17323: Ractor::LVar to provide ractor-local storage
- > it shadows - implies MVAR, TVAR
I think that's the point isn't it? We have TVar (transactional), MVar (mutable),...
- 01:18 PM Ruby master Feature #17474: Interpreting constants at compile time
- Another point to consider - does this have an impact on our ability to use optimisations such as lazy parsing and do ...
Also available in: Atom