Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
- Login: Dan0042
- Registered on: 06/09/2016
- Last connection: 11/24/2020
- 07:04 PM Ruby master Feature #17278: On-demand sharing of constants for Ractor
- In #17323#note-5, ko1 mentioned there is a possibility to provide "fork" model. So I tried thinking if it could apply...
- 04:14 PM Ruby master Feature #17312: New methods in Enumerable and Enumerator::Lazy: flatten, product, compact
- I understand the thinking behind #flatten; if `ary.flatten` is possible then why not `ary.to_enum.flatten`? It should...
- 03:20 PM Ruby master Feature #17326: Add Kernel#must! to the standard library
- I don't think I can agree with the `|.` operator, but having the raise in a block would make a lot of sense to me.
- 01:37 PM Ruby master Bug #17197: Some Hash methods still have arity 2 instead of 1
- Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-8:
> Check if the block uses arity 1 and warn that it should instead use `|k,v...
- 03:55 PM Ruby master Feature #17314: Provide a way to declare visibility of attributes defined by attr* methods in a single expression
Ever since ruby 2.1 when `def` was improved to return a Symbol, I've always wondered why the same was not done ...
- 02:04 PM Ruby master Bug #17197: Some Hash methods still have arity 2 instead of 1
- So when you have a bug that is troublesome to fix because it may result in large incompatibility... rather than "just...
- 07:53 PM Ruby master Feature #17323: Ractor::LVar to provide ractor-local storage
- Would it be possible to somehow have ractor-local variables that are automatically dereferenced instead of having to ...
- 07:13 PM Ruby master Feature #17322: Deprecate `Random::DEFAULT` and introduce `Random.default()` method to provide Ractor-supported default random generator
- Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-6:
> I think `rand`, etc should use a thread-local `Random` instance (and threa...
- 05:17 PM Ruby master Feature #16786: Light-weight scheduler for improved concurrency.
- Would this be too crazy?
Fiber.schedulers #=> Hash
Fiber.schedulers.default = sch
- 04:59 PM Ruby master Bug #17318: Raising float to the power of other issue
- Also see #16677 w/r edge cases.
-0.4**0.9 #=> -0.4383832905540869
-0.4.to_f**0.9 #=> (-0.4169272...
Also available in: Atom