Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
- Login: Dan0042
- Registered on: 06/09/2016
- Last connection: 06/15/2020
- 01:58 PM Ruby master Feature #17000: 2.7.2 turns off deprecation warnings by default
- It seems to me the big issue is that developers have little power over warnings that come from gems. If the gem that ...
- 04:31 PM Ruby master Bug #16853: calling bla(hash, **kw) with a string-based hash passes the strings into **kw (worked < 2.7)
- > > The reason why it was changed is because there are some methods that want to accept both symbol and non-symbol ke...
- 04:00 PM Ruby master Bug #16996: Hash should avoid doing unnecessary rehash
- Very surprising results for `Hash#dup`. I even tried `h.rehash` before the benchmark, with no effect.
- 07:08 PM Ruby master Feature #16812: Allow slicing arrays with ArithmeticSequence
- mrkn (Kenta Murata) wrote in #note-7:
> It may be better to change the behavior of `[*0..10][-100..100]`
- 03:56 PM Ruby master Bug #14541: Class variables have broken semantics, let's fix them
- Since it's an error in 3.0, shouldn't it be made a non-verbose warning in 2.7?
- 03:51 PM Ruby master Feature #16897: General purpose memoizer in Ruby 3 with Ruby 2 performance
- sam.saffron (Sam Saffron) wrote in #note-28:
> If we keep `foo(a: 1)` working a developer may get confused (despite ...
- 02:15 PM Ruby master Feature #16848: Allow callables in $LOAD_PATH
- That's interesting...
My understanding was that the "find" and "load" operations were supposed to be orthogonal, so...
- 02:55 PM Ruby master Feature #16972: Pathname#mkpath to accept block to call on each created directory
- Thanks for the tip; all these years and I never realized `FileUtils.mkdir_p` had this `mode:` argument (and/or never ...
- 02:11 AM Ruby master Feature #16031: Raise ArgumentError when creating Time objects with invalid day of month, instead of rolling into next month
- It's true that this behavior is due to how Time behaves generally, but I think this is a valid bug report specificall...
- 03:16 PM Ruby master Feature #16972 (Assigned): Pathname#mkpath to accept block to call on each created directory
- I just had a case where I need to set the permissions on each directory created by `Pathname#mkpath`, but since this ...
Also available in: Atom