josh.cheek (Josh Cheek)
- Login: josh.cheek
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 06/10/2011
- Last connection: 02/16/2021
- 05:34 PM Ruby master Bug #17649: `defined?` invokes method once for each syntactic element around it
- The reason seems to be because the generated iseq doesn't cache the intermediate calculations:
$ ruby -e 'p...
- 04:13 PM Ruby master Bug #17649: `defined?` invokes method once for each syntactic element around it
- I should have clarified my expectation: On the ones that call `defined?` I expected the number of calls to be 1 less ...
- 03:51 AM Ruby master Bug #17649 (Open): `defined?` invokes method once for each syntactic element around it
- Honestly, I was surprised `defined?` works with expressions at all. I wouldn't object to this feature being removed, ...
- 03:26 AM Ruby master Bug #17619: if false foo=42; end creates a foo local variable set to nil
- It's intentional. Eg what if you set the same variable in both branches? Then it would be clearer that you are expect...
- 08:44 PM Ruby master Bug #14413: `-n` and `-p` flags break when stdout is closed
- For anyone curious, these are the examples I went with instead: https://twitter.com/josh_cheek/status/124617522621340...
- 08:05 PM Ruby master Bug #14413: `-n` and `-p` flags break when stdout is closed
- I saw flipflop was readded and was wanting to explain to people how to use it. I feel like if people knew how to use ...
- 06:12 PM Ruby master Bug #14918: Use Reline for fallback of ext/readline
- aycabta (aycabta .) wrote:
> Ruby loses readline standard library when the system doesn't have libreadline during Ru...
- 08:09 PM Ruby master Bug #16110 (Closed): Doesn't detect deadlock on Ruby 2.4 and 2.5 on Windows
- The following code is detected as a deadlock, except in Ruby 2.4 and 2.5 on Windows:
ruby -r thread -ve 'T...
- 06:23 AM Ruby master Feature #15966: Introducing experimental features behind a flag, disabled by default
- > This is how frozen string literal support was introduced to Ruby (in addition to the per-file magic comment).
- 08:11 AM Ruby master Feature #15799: pipeline operator
- The operator doesn't bother me, though I can't think of any time I'd use it.
Several suggested alternatives seem t...
Also available in: Atom