herwinw (Herwin Quarantainenet)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/18/2011
- Last connection: 03/21/2017
- 02:42 PM Ruby trunk Feature #13303: String#any? as !String#empty?
- > and understand there's Array#any?.
This is a misconception, `Array#any?` does not check if the array is empty, b...
- 12:15 PM Ruby trunk Feature #12995: Conditional expression taking a receiver outside the condition
- You can do that with #tap. A very stupid example:
array = [true]
res = array.to_a.tap do |obj|
- 07:59 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12753: Useful operator to check bit-flag is true or false
- I can't say the usage of `bittest?` is directly clear to me. Does it test if resulting integer is not equal to `0`? A...
- 11:39 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12969: Allow optional parameter in String#strip and related
- The concrete use case that I got was that I wanted to replace all trailing whitespace, but leave tabs/newlines etc un...
- 10:26 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12969 (Open): Allow optional parameter in String#strip and related
- `String#strip` and related methods have a hardcoded match on whitespace, defined as "null, horizontal tab, line feed,...
- 10:13 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12964: Add sub? and gsub? method to string class.
- I don't really see how this would be any different from `match?`
Beside that, the semantics are a bit ambiguous. `...
- 07:01 AM Ruby trunk Feature #9209: Struct instances creatable with named args
- This looks like a duplicate of #11925 (or maybe the other way around, but the other ticket includes more information)
- 06:58 AM Ruby trunk Feature #11925: Struct construction with kwargs
- What about `new_from_kwargs(**kwargs)` ? It's a bit long, but it describes the functionality exactly.
- 09:40 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12495: Make "private" return the arguments again, for chaining
- > Only `private`, not `public`, `protected` and `module_function`?
`private`, `public` and `protected` all use `se...
- 08:02 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12495: Make "private" return the arguments again, for chaining
- The patch is written for Ruby 2.3.1, just because the tests were broken in trunk.
Also available in: Atom