shevegen (Robert A. Heiler)
- Login: shevegen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 07/20/2011
- Last connection: 03/27/2020
- 04:17 PM Ruby master Bug #16701: Odd output when using _1 ("ordinary parameter is defined")
- Yikes, small copy/paste typo from me above; should be
def foobar(i = @hash)
- 04:16 PM Ruby master Bug #16701 (Rejected): Odd output when using _1 ("ordinary parameter is defined")
- I have tried to reproduce this issue into a small script, so first the code, to ease
copy/pasting (don't mind the qu...
- 08:54 PM Ruby master Feature #16699 (Feedback): Silence/ignore particular warnings from some parts of the code (in a .rb file)
- I would like to make it possible to briefly enable or disable particular warnings: those related to modifying a const...
- 08:29 PM Ruby master Feature #16688: Allow #to_path object as argument to system()
- I do not have a strong opinion either way; I myself sort of just use Dir
rather than Pathname (I just love Dir['*....
- 01:01 AM Ruby master Feature #16684: Use the word "to" instead of "from" in backtrace
- I do not necessarily have a strong preference between "to" and "from". I am not a
native english speaker either; may...
- 10:42 AM Ruby master Misc #16678: Array#values_at has unintuitive behavior when supplied a range starting with negative index
- Actually .values_at() confused me when I tried to use my go-to method for
obtaining a slice from an Array:
- 03:31 PM Ruby master Feature #16670: Reverse order of `expression` in `pattern` for 1-line pattern matching while it's still experimental
- I do not think reddit discussions are that useful, largely because it is difficult to find
what is really going on (...
- 08:38 PM Ruby master Feature #16666: 'string' - 'str' as a shortcut for 'string'.gsub('str', '')?
- > Does anyone else think the same syntax would be beneficial for Strings?
I do not doubt that it can be useful. On...
- 08:32 PM Ruby master Feature #16667: Allow parameters to Symbol#to_proc and Method#to_proc
- I think this or something similar was suggested in the past, even aside from
the two linked in proposals. So this ma...
- 06:18 PM Ruby master Misc #16636: DevelopersMeeting before RubyKaigi2020
- There has been an announcement recently about kaigi being delayed.
Also available in: Atom