avit (Andrew Vit)
- Login: avit
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 09/28/2013
- Last connection: 01/13/2020
- 09:34 PM Ruby master Feature #16794: Rightward operators
- For symmetry, we also have `<<-` for heredocs "take this input for..."
It might make sense to think of `->>` as "g...
- 11:08 PM Ruby master Feature #14594: Rethink yield_self's name
- matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:
> If you really wanted a non-unwrapping method for promises, use `yield_self`.
- 05:49 AM Ruby master Bug #14793: Hash returned from CGI.parse has  as default value
- My mistake, it looks like all CGI values are always returned as arrays:
- 05:39 AM Ruby master Bug #14793 (Closed): Hash returned from CGI.parse has  as default value
- Is there a valid reason for this behaviour? It looks like a bug to me:
params = CGI.parse(""...
- 07:51 PM Ruby master Feature #14550: Support keyword arguments with Date#step
- If adding keyword options, would it make sense to add the possibility to enumerate by `>>` for whole months instead o...
- 06:15 AM Ruby master Feature #12318: Returning the evaluated value of a block
- This is now implemented as `yield_self`
- 06:52 PM Ruby master Feature #14112: Follow style conventions for Ruby code
- Some elements of ruby style are hard to check statically because they encode semantics.
For example, I prefer to w...
- 12:56 AM Ruby master Feature #14022: String#surround
- An alternate (short but cryptic) way:
str = "one\ntwo"
- gsub! can do it de...
- 10:35 AM Ruby master Feature #5964: Make Symbols an Alternate Syntax for Strings
- My only point was that symbols are not meant to be operated on the same as strings, because they do serve different p...
- 08:00 PM Ruby master Feature #5964: Make Symbols an Alternate Syntax for Strings
- sheerun (Adam Stankiewicz) wrote:
> Did it change since ruby got frozen string? Is there much difference between fro...
Also available in: Atom