avit (Andrew Vit)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 09/28/2013
- Last connection: 09/27/2017
- 06:52 PM Ruby trunk Feature #14112: Follow style conventions for Ruby code
- Some elements of ruby style are hard to check statically because they encode semantics.
For example, I prefer to w...
- 12:56 AM Ruby trunk Feature #14022: String#surround
- An alternate (short but cryptic) way:
str = "one\ntwo"
- gsub! can do it de...
- 10:35 AM Ruby trunk Feature #5964: Make Symbols an Alternate Syntax for Strings
- My only point was that symbols are not meant to be operated on the same as strings, because they do serve different p...
- 08:00 PM Ruby trunk Feature #5964: Make Symbols an Alternate Syntax for Strings
- sheerun (Adam Stankiewicz) wrote:
> Did it change since ruby got frozen string? Is there much difference between fro...
- 04:52 PM Ruby trunk Feature #13600: yield_self should be chainable/composable
- In case the description is unclear, the goal is to support something like this:
pipeline = (&:upcase).yield_s...
- 03:29 PM Ruby trunk Feature #13600 (Rejected): yield_self should be chainable/composable
- One of the main use cases that would make `yield_self` a helpful addition is to build functional pipelines (function ...
- 08:57 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12634: Ruby converts '*' on command line to a file name
- This is handled by your shell before passing to ruby. Compare:
ruby -e 'puts ARGV.inspect' *
- 08:45 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12363 (Rejected): URI::Generic.build allows invalid input
invalid_host = 'ex_ample.com'
invalid_userinfo = 'uuuu:pp/pp'
uri = URI::Generic....
- 04:54 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12173: `Time#till_now`
- Tsuyoshi Sawada wrote:
> That is a homonym (as well as a homograph) of the word in question.
I also think "till" ...
- 07:24 AM Ruby trunk Feature #12110: Create a method to avoid vacuous truth?
- Thanks Martin and Tsuyoshi,
Yes, all of this makes sense when you just look at it the right way.
Also available in: Atom