matthewd (Matthew Draper)
- Login: matthewd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 12/11/2013
- Last connection: 12/09/2019
- 12:28 PM Ruby master Feature #15554: warn/error passing a block to a method which never use a block
- This is great! Ignored blocks can be very confusing.
> A method called by super doesnt warn warning even if this m...
- 10:01 AM Ruby master Feature #14045: Lazy Proc allocation for block parameters
- This is excellent news indeed!
Do you think a similar technique could work for passing along `*args` in the future...
- 05:43 PM Ruby master Feature #13574: Method redefinition warning
- > What do you mean?
> That remove_method + new definition is not atomic?
Yes. Using remove_method + define_method...
- 12:25 AM Ruby master Feature #13574: Method redefinition warning
- As there's no other way to silence the redefinition warning (apart from removing the method first, which isn't atomic...
- 08:05 PM Ruby master Feature #13563: Implement Hash#choice method.
- FWIW, ActiveSupport calls this `Hash#slice` -- http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/Hash.html#method-i-slice
- 07:30 AM Ruby master Bug #13405: IO#close raises "stream closed"
- matthewd (Matthew Draper) wrote:
> IO#close is supposed to ignore an IOError indicating the stream is already closed...
- 07:35 PM Ruby master Bug #13405 (Closed): IO#close raises "stream closed"
IO#close is supposed to ignore an IOError indicating the stream is already closed.
Since #10153, however, it can...
- 06:26 PM Ruby master Bug #13239: Bug with "special exceptions" when they are thrown in context of a rescue clause.
- Should this be closed for backporting?
- 11:09 PM Ruby master Feature #12962: Feature Proposal: Extend 'protected' to support module friendship
- Robert A. Heiler wrote:
> The terminology is a bit peculiar - friendly modules? Do we have unfriendly modules as wel...
- 01:18 PM Ruby master Feature #12962: Feature Proposal: Extend 'protected' to support module friendship
- Draft implementation:
diff --git a/include/ruby/intern.h b/include/ruby/intern.h
index 8776a59..fa5b1dc ...
Also available in: Atom