matthewd (Matthew Draper)
- Login: matthewd
- Email: email@example.com
- Registered on: 12/11/2013
- Last connection: 12/31/2022
- 07:27 PM Ruby master Revision c746f380 (git): YJIT: Support nil and blockparamproxy as blockarg in send (#6492)
- Co-authored-by: John Hawthorn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Co-authored-by: John Hawthorn <email@example.com>
- 03:38 PM Ruby master Revision ab08a43e (git): YJIT: Teach getblockparamproxy to handle the no-block case without exiting (#6191)
- Teach getblockparamproxy to handle the no-block case without exiting
Co-authored-by: John Hawthorn <firstname.lastname@example.org...
- 01:25 PM Ruby master Feature #12962: Feature Proposal: Extend 'protected' to support module friendship
- The trouble with using `send` in this [general] situation is that it makes it too equally-easy to reach into _all_ in...
- 03:02 PM Ruby master Feature #12962: Feature Proposal: Extend 'protected' to support module friendship
- > Calling "private/protected" methods on another object feels rather wrong to me.
The whole point of `protected` i...
- 11:49 AM Ruby master Feature #18568: Explore lazy RubyGems boot to reduce need for --disable-gems
- > Over 80% of CRuby's base startup is due to eagerly booting RubyGems. We can do better!
It's not the main point her...
- 12:28 PM Ruby master Feature #15554: warn/error passing a block to a method which never use a block
- This is great! Ignored blocks can be very confusing.
> A method called by super doesnt warn warning even if this m...
- 10:01 AM Ruby master Feature #14045: Lazy Proc allocation for block parameters
- This is excellent news indeed!
Do you think a similar technique could work for passing along `*args` in the future...
- 05:43 PM Ruby master Feature #13574: Method redefinition warning
- > What do you mean?
> That remove_method + new definition is not atomic?
Yes. Using remove_method + define_method...
- 12:25 AM Ruby master Feature #13574: Method redefinition warning
- As there's no other way to silence the redefinition warning (apart from removing the method first, which isn't atomic...
- 08:05 PM Ruby master Feature #13563: Implement Hash#choice method.
- FWIW, ActiveSupport calls this `Hash#slice` -- http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/Hash.html#method-i-slice
Also available in: Atom