Type of rdoc in string.c
--- string.c (revision 30594)
+++ string.c (working copy)
@@ -2577,7 +2577,7 @@
* against str,and returns the position the match starts, or
* nil if there is no match. Otherwise, invokes
* obj.=~, passing str as an argument. The default
- * =~ in Object returns false.
+ * =~ in Object returns nil.
* "cat o' 9 tails" =~ /\d/ #=> 7
* "cat o' 9 tails" =~ 9 #=> nil
#2 Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r30654.
Andrei, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- string.c (=~): documentation fix; the return value is nil when it doesn't match. patched by Andrei Kulakov =end