doc of ARGF.gets
rdoc of ARGF.gets says ARGF.gets return string only, but it may return nil.
doc of rb_f_gets:
- gets(sep=$/) -> string or nil
- gets(limit) -> string or nil
- gets(sep,limit) -> string or nil
doc of argf_gets:
- ARGF.gets(sep=$/) -> string
- ARGF.gets(limit) -> string
- ARGF.gets(sep, limit) -> string
Updated by zzak (Zachary Scott) about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r43602.
Kazuhiro, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- io.c: [DOC] ARGF.gets may return nil [Bug #9029] patch by znz