Project

General

Profile

Misc #14861

Updated by shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) over 2 years ago

Date: 2018/07/18 (Thu) 
 Time: 14:00-18:00 (JST) 
 Place: MoneyForward HQ (beware: new location) (Tokyo, Japan) 
 Sign-up: https://ruby.connpass.com/event/92314/ 
 log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_cKh0LJd18y5CH1MfM6WC1fqh2rpHHZntrBCLTbwRSE/edit 
 pub: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_cKh0LJd18y5CH1MfM6WC1fqh2rpHHZntrBCLTbwRSE/pub 

 Please comment your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss with your *SHORT* comment or summary. 
 (your summary/comment will help us because we don't need to read all of ticket comments) 

 *DO NOT* discuss then on this ticket, please. 

 Past meetings: <https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki#Developer-Meetings> 

 # NOTE 

 Dev meeting *IS NOT* a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker. 
 Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly. 
 Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue). 
 We will write a log about discussion to a file or to each ticket in English. 
 All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers). 
 The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time. 

 # Agenda 

 ## Next dev-meeting 

 ## About 2.6 timeframe 

 ## Carry-over from previous meeting(s) 

 * [Feature #14784] One-sided Comparable#clamp (with endless/startless ranges) (zverok) 
     - more reasonable version of Object#enumerate proposed for the previous meeting. 
 * [Feature #14859] Timeout in VM (normalperson) 
     - Still needs some work, mainly wondering if the idea of moving this part of stdlib into core VM is acceptable or not. No semantic changes except speed improvement. 

 ## From Attendees 

 (will be edited later) 
 (if you have a write access permission, please list directly) 

 - [Bug #14887] Array#delete_if does not use #delete (shyouhei) 
   - Is it by design, or a bug? 
 - [Feature #13050] Readline: expose rl_completion_quote_character variable (nobu) 
 - [Feature #14850] Add official API for setting timezone on Time (nobu) 
 - [Feature #14869] Proposal to add Hash#=== (nobu) 
 - [Feature #14877] Calculate age in Date class (nobu) 
 - [Feature #14473] Add Range#subrange? (tarui) 
 - [Bug #14908] Enumerator::Lazy creates unnecessary Array objects. (nobu) 
 - [Feature #14912] Introduce pattern matching syntax (mame) 
     - pattern matching 
 - opt_to_s (nobu) 
     - see below for his patch 
 - [Feature #13626] Add String#byteslice! (aycabta) 
 - [Feature #14618] Add display width method to String for CLI (aycabta) 
 - [Misc #14917] Add RDoc documents to tar ball (aycabta) 
 - [Feature #14918] Use Reline for fallback of ext/readline (aycabta) 
 - [Feature #14919] Add String#byteinsert (aycabta) 
 - [Feature #14916] Proposal to add Array#=== (aycabta) 

 



 ## From non-attendees 

 (will be edited later) 
 (if you have a write access, please list directly) 

 - [Feature #14111] ArgumentErrorが発生した時メソッドのプロトタイプをメッセージに含む (esjee) 
     - Suggestion: include method parameters when generating an ArgumentsError message. Nobu's patch in the issue provides functionality to make writing a ruby gem to provide this functionality possible. 
 - [Bug #14878] Add command line argument to deactivate JIT (k0kubun) 
     - Please discuss the necessity of the flag and its name in the proposal. 
 - [Feature #12306] Implement String #blank? #present? and improve #strip and family to handle unicode (sam.saffron) 
 - [Feature #14913] Extend case to match several values at once (zverok) 
     - some steps towards better pattern matching 
 - [Feature #14914] Add BasicObject#instance_exec_with_block (jeremyevans0) 
 - [Feature #14915] Deprecate String#crypt, move implementation to string/crypt (jeremyevans0)

Back