funny_falcon (Yura Sokolov)
- Login: funny_falcon
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 09/25/2008
- Last connection: 12/03/2022
- 07:33 AM Ruby master Feature #18980: Re-reconsider numbered parameters: `it` as a default block parameter
- Ruby takes so much syntax last years. I fear it. Let's not strain our lovely language, please.
- 08:09 AM Ruby master Feature #14859: [PATCH] implement Timeout in VM
- normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:
> Yes. The "timeout scheduler" is the same idea I used for auto-fiber.
> It uses...
- 04:58 AM Ruby master Bug #14891: Pathname#join has different behaviour to File.join
- I'd rather say that File.join is currently broken, and it should behave like Pathname.join. But probably I'm missing ...
- 04:52 AM Ruby master Bug #14909: Method call with object that has to_hash method crashes (method with splat and keyword arguments)
- Why your object has `to_hash` method?
Ruby uses long named methods for implicit conversion: `to_str` - if your obj...
- 09:46 AM Ruby master Bug #14900: Extra allocation in String#byteslice
- @ioquatix, your patch doesn't seems to be correct for me on first glance.
Imagine pipelined RPC server:
- we rea...
- 06:10 PM Ruby master Feature #13618: [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid
- > Yes, they are great, but it's probably impossible to implement in Ruby.
It is impossible to implement Thread mig...
- 07:48 AM Ruby master Feature #13618: [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid
- > In my experience, threads simply don't scale as as well as fibers, there is too much overhead.
Native threads d...
- 06:12 PM Ruby master Feature #13618: [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid
- > It's also going to be more useful for existing code bases like ActionCable, Puma, Async, etc which use their own IO...
- 08:43 AM Ruby master Feature #13618: [PATCH] auto fiber schedule for rb_wait_for_single_fd and rb_waitpid
- @ioquatix About "extendable api" vs "implicit behavior" (ie between your proposal
for "Thread.scheduler=' and replac...
- 08:33 AM Ruby master Feature #14736: Thread selector for flexible cooperative fiber based concurrency
- I've shown `to_enum(:aga).to_a` to present the place where I wasn't right.
But if you look at your own second exam...
Also available in: Atom