spatulasnout (B Kelly)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 02/28/2009
- Last connection: 02/07/2016
- 06:08 PM Ruby trunk Feature #14336: Create new method String#symbol? and deprecate Symbol class
- email@example.com wrote:
> You often say that symbols already exist in other languages and has been
- 10:51 PM Ruby trunk Feature #14277: Improve strings vs symbols ambiguity
- firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I would say `:a.value == “a”.value # => true` But one has the
- 02:21 AM Ruby trunk Feature #7792: Make symbols and strings the same thing
- Hi Daniel,
Daniel Ferreira wrote:
> > (If not for the garbage collection problem, I would have designed
> > ...
- 07:46 PM Ruby trunk Feature #12650: Use UTF-8 encoding for ENV on Windows
Usaku NAKAMURA wrote:
> We don't want to break compatibility.
> Wait Ruby3.
We always invoke ruby with -E...
- 04:36 AM Ruby trunk Feature #3944: Add Fiber#root? method
- Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Couldn't anyone explain how the method will be used and why it will be necessary?
> As fa...
- 04:03 PM Ruby trunk Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
- Daniel Ferreira wrote:
> Why do we need `Thread#report_on_exception` ?
> As I see it `Thread.report_on_exception` s...
- 08:22 AM Ruby trunk Bug #12117: UDPSocket.new crash on win32 with "rb_update_max_fd: invalid fd (xxx) given"
- Can no longer reproduce as of:
ruby 2.2.5p256 (2016-03-10 revision 54072) [i386-mswin32_100]
Seems to be fixed!...
- 08:49 PM Ruby trunk Bug #12117 (Open): UDPSocket.new crash on win32 with "rb_update_max_fd: invalid fd (xxx) given"
- OS is Windows 7. The following command line reproduces the issue:
$ ruby22 -rsocket -e "UDPSocket.new(Socket::AF_I...
- 11:31 PM Ruby trunk Misc #12004: Code of Conduct
- email@example.com wrote:
> FYI I just got doxed for my role in proposing a code of conduct for the Ruby com...
- 06:32 AM Ruby trunk Misc #12004: Code of Conduct
- firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> Why fix what isn't broken?
> It may not be broken for you - does that me...
Also available in: Atom