RDoc for Hash Keys
The only thing I would change is that I would shorten the doc on the "Invalid Hash Keys". As far as I know, this is simply not a[n] important concern as nearly all Ruby objects respond_to? :hash and :eql?
I personally would recommend adding a single example in the Hash.html#class-Hash-label-Hash+Keys section and I would remove the rest, or at least remove the examples. They burden the reader with something that is of no use to them.
I have misgivings about it:
- Some of the material, for example, the text and example for user-defined hash keys, is very old.
- I consolidated some material from earlier doc for individual methods, which now link to the relevant sections.
- All are factual and not repeated elsewhere in the page.
This is an API reference documentation. Ruby should have a reference documentation, and therefore should not omit anything.
If such material is to be included, I see three possibilities:
- Include inline, as is now.
- Link to a footnote on the same page, with a back link.
- Link to another rdoc page in
I'd love to hear some opinions on this.