Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #18028

closed

test/ruby/enc/test_emoji_breaks.rb does not deal with Unicode ranges in file emoji-sequences.txt

Added by duerst (Martin Dürst) 4 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Target version:
ruby -v:
ruby 3.1.0dev (2021-06-03T06:59:33Z master 7e14762159) [x86_64-linux]
[ruby-core:104540]

Description

While working on issue #17750, I found out that test_emoji_breaks.rb does not deal with Unicode ranges in the file emoji-sequences.txt. That means that the tests may not cover all emoji. This should eventually be fixed, but requires some rewriting of the code, which I plan to do independently of the Unicode/Emoji version upgrade.


Related issues

Related to Ruby master - Feature #17750: Update Unicode data to Unicode Version 13.0.0Closedduerst (Martin Dürst)Actions
Actions #1

Updated by duerst (Martin Dürst) 4 months ago

  • Related to Feature #17750: Update Unicode data to Unicode Version 13.0.0 added

Updated by duerst (Martin Dürst) 4 months ago

One of the testing scripts (test/ruby/enc/test_emoji_break.rb) that the version declared internally in a data files matches the version we expect. In that context, I ran into the following problem, reported via standard channels to the Unicode Consortium:

Emoji data files in https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/13.1/ internally say they are for version 13.1. But the files moved to https://www.unicode.org/Public/13.0.0/ucd/emoji/, say "# Version: 13.0". We keep both an Unicode version and an Emoji version (available in Ruby via RbConfig::CONFIG['UNICODE_VERSION'] and RbConfig::CONFIG['UNICODE_EMOJI_VERSION']). But neither of them matches 13.0. For the files moved under https://www.unicode.org/Public/13.0.0/ucd/emoji/, they really should indicate the Unicode version, not the Emoji version, because they are updated in sync with Unicode versions, and not updated when only Emoji versions get updated.

As a temporary measure, I plan to ignore the version in the moved file(s).

Updated by duerst (Martin Dürst) 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Open to Closed

Completed with commit 26b1e6fca8.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF