Cannot Build Ruby-Tk
I am using NetBSD's pkgsrc, and I cannot build ruby-tk because of a typo in ext/tk/extconf.rb. More information is available here: http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=48064
--- /pkgsrc/x11/ruby-tk/work/ruby-1.9.3-p448/ext/tk/extconf.rb 2013-06-26 03:57:49.000000000 -0400
+++ /pkgsrc/x11/ruby-tk/extconf.rb.fixed 2013-07-18 22:16:25.000000000 -0400
@@ -315,7 +315,7 @@
next unless File.exist?(File.join(dir, "Tcl.framework", "Headers"))
next unless File.directory?(tcldir = File.join(dir, "Tcl.framework"))
- next unless File.exist?(File.join(dir, "Tk.framework"), "Headers")
+ next unless File.exist?(File.join(dir, "Tk.framework", "Headers"))
next unless File.directory?(tkdir = File.join(dir, "Tk.framework"))
TkLib_Config["tcltk-framework"] = dir
return [tcldir, tkdir]
#1 Updated by nagai (Hidetoshi Nagai) about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r42059.
Alex, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- ext/tk/extconf.rb: Default search_versions are set 8.5 and 8.4 only. At present, Tcl/Tk8.6 is not supported.
- ext/tk/extconf.rb: Fix typo. [Bug #8656]
#3 [ruby-core:56963] Updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) almost 4 years ago
- Backport changed from 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: DONE to 1.9.3: DONE, 2.0.0: DONE
backported into ruby_1_9_3 at r42368.
BTW, please do NOT commit to ruby_1_9_3 branch without agreement
of the maintainer (= me).
Since the branch is in maintenance state, only the maitainer can
commit to it.