Suspected memory leak
There seems to be memory leaking when calling Aws::SQS::Client#receive_message in Ruby 2.2.0 and 2.2.1. I am not very good at memory/object allocation profiling in Ruby, but I know for sure that there must be some issue, because my SQS workers run out of memory every day.
See gist https://gist.github.com/quezacoatl/7657854f371edcb5d8e6 to reproduce. I've added output.txt for my output for different Ruby versions. Ruby 2.1.2 works fine. I'm sorry that I cannot pinpoint the exact issue. Perhaps somebody with better profiling skills can do this?
Updated by normalperson (Eric Wong) over 5 years ago
- File 0001-stringio-avoid-STR_NOFREE-due-to-constant-string.patch 0001-stringio-avoid-STR_NOFREE-due-to-constant-string.patch added
Thanks, I have a fix, but the usage of STR_NOFREE seems dangerous from str_new_static
Updated by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset r50334.
string.c: clear NOFREE flag at embedding
- string.c (STR_SET_EMBED): clear NOFREE flag at embedding as embedded strings no longer refer static strings. [ruby-core:68436] [Bug #10942]
Updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga) over 5 years ago
- Backport changed from 2.0.0: DONTNEED, 2.1: DONTNEED, 2.2: REQUIRED to 2.0.0: DONTNEED, 2.1: DONTNEED, 2.2: DONE
ruby_2_2 branch at r50550.
I've changed :limit option for assert_no_memory_leak from 1.5 to 2.0. Without the change added test sometimes fails on my environment.