[PATCH] openssl: enable SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS if available
Available in OpenSSL 1.0.0a and later, this can save up to 34KB
per idle connection.
Using the test script below run with the time(1) command on 64-bit
Linux (needs /proc/$PID/status to grab VmRSS:)
VmRSS: 65428 kB
19.18user 1.86system 0:20.72elapsed 101%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 263952maxresident
0inputs+0outputs (0major+56932minor)pagefaults 0swaps
VmRSS: 19228 kB
19.41user 1.53system 0:20.64elapsed 101%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 77424maxresident)
0inputs+0outputs (0major+20845minor)pagefaults 0swaps
(test script attached)
You can also pull my change via git:
git clone git://bogomips.org/ruby.git ssl-memory
- ext/openssl/ossl_ssl.c: Use SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS if available. Thanks, Eric Wong, for providing the patch. [ Ruby 1.9 - Feature #4672 ]
#1 Updated by Martin Bosslet over 3 years ago
- Assignee set to Hiroshi Nakamura
This patch seems reasonable. I looked at the implementation in OpenSSL (1.0.0d)
and it looks like using SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS should not cause any problems.
Hiroshi, what do you think?
(PS: If you agree that we should apply this, please feel free to assign back to
me for application of this patch)
#2 Updated by Hiroshi Nakamura over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee changed from Hiroshi Nakamura to Martin Bosslet
Excellent result. It looks like a gift from Tor project. There's no reason I can imagine not to apply this. Please apply this.
I think it's OK to commit this w/o writing a test. :)
#3 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100