Documentation Improve - rdoc does not know where rb_obj_methods is (#methods)
It seems there is no simple online documentation available what
#methods is doing in Ruby:
can't find #methods anywhere in the docs
the docs are normally quite thorough
Upon looking at this, we saw the method defined first in
object.c: rb_define_method(rb_mKernel, "methods", rb_obj_methods, -1);
class.c: rb_obj_methods(int argc, VALUE *argv, VALUE obj)
class.c has the proper rdoc documentation for #methods there.
But this does not seem to show up in the online docu.
On IRC, Mon_Ouie said that a reference is missing in order
to make this work:
class.c has the rdoc docu though
All that's missing is the /* in class.c / comment
to make rdoc find the method
Yeah, the method is documented, but RDoc doesn't know in what file it is defined, since it's not object.c
So it needs a / in class.c */ comment to know where to look for it
Could class.c include this comment so that the online documentation will point
to the proper #methods documentation?
#1 [ruby-core:46056] Updated by mame (Yusuke Endoh) over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to drbrain (Eric Hodel)
Maybe the comment is needed after rb_define_method, not in class.c?
- rb_define_method(rb_mKernel, "methods", rb_obj_methods, -1);
- rb_define_method(rb_mKernel, "methods", rb_obj_methods, -1); /* in class.c */
Eric, could you check this?
Yusuke Endoh firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r36272.
markus, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- object.c (Init_Object): Added RDoc location pointers for Kernel#methods, Kernel#protected_methods, Kernel#private_methods and Kernel#public_methods. [Bug #6666]