build failure with clang 3.4
With clang 3.4 ruby has problems configuring / building dl.so. Please see:
The attached patch resolves it.
Updated by swills (Steve Wills) about 8 years ago
Sorry, didn't see this comment until now. The patch is:
That's the 2.1 version. Though perhaps it is already patched in trunk, I'm not sure.
Updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga) about 8 years ago
- Tracker changed from Backport to Bug
- Project changed from Backport193 to Ruby master
- Category set to ext
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
- Target version set to 2.2.0
- ruby -v set to -
- Backport set to 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: REQUIRED
The patch can be applied cleanly to trunk (and 2.0.0/2.1).
It can be a new issue.
I move this ticket to ruby-trunk.
Updated by hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
DL has been removed from Ruby 2.2.0 or later.
but I think we need to backport this issue into Ruby 2.1 and 2.0.0