IRB adds trailing quote to wtring methods when performing auto-completion
IRB adds a trailing quote to some method names when performing an autocompletion. IRB does this for single quote and double quote string literals.
Not all methods are effected (for example '.delete' is fine) but at least the following are: .length, .size, .inspect, .to_i
Steps to replicate:
Enable autocompletion by adding the following line to your ~/.irbrc:
Type any string literal, a period, and the characters 'len' to indicate the 'length' method
power-mac-g4:~ $ irb
- lib/irb/completion.rb: complate correctry string literal. fix [Bug #1145].
git-svn-id: svn+ssh://ci.ruby-lang.org/ruby/trunk@32295 b2dd03c8-39d4-4d8f-98ff-823fe69b080e
#2 Updated by adrianomitre (Adriano Mitre) over 7 years ago
Yes, unfortunately it still happens.
Except for JRuby, all the following "rubies" have this defect:
- ruby-1.9.2-p136 [ x86_64 ]
- rbx-1.2.0-20101221 [ ]
- ree-1.8.7-2010.02 [ x86_64 ]
- ruby-1.8.7-p330 [ x86_64 ]
- jruby-1.5.6 [ amd64-java ]
- Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) $ uname -a Linux adriano-desktop 2.6.31-22-server #70-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 2 00:00:57 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux =end
#5 Updated by keiju (Keiju Ishitsuka) about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100