Net::IMAP doesn't support response from a Microsoft Exchange server (which is not compliant with RFC standards)
This day I wanted to use a mailbox hosted on a Microsoft Exchange server and it was not working.
I found this nice article relating the issue: http://claudiofloreani.blogspot.fr/2012/01/monkeypatching-ruby-imap-class-to-build.html
My solution to support those crappy server:
module Net class IMAP class ResponseParser def response token = lookahead case token.symbol when T_PLUS result = continue_req when T_STAR result = response_untagged else result = response_tagged end match(T_SPACE) if lookahead.symbol == T_SPACE match(T_CRLF) match(T_EOF) return result end end end end
Step to reproduce: (require an horrible server :))
imap_connexion = Net::IMAP.new(localhost, 993, true, nil, false) imap_connexion.status('INBOX', ["UIDNEXT", "UIDVALIDITY"])
Then the server should reply with:
"* STATUS INBOX (UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 1585372) \r\n"
And the bug occurs because we have a space at the end of the line which is not in the RFC, but as usual Microsoft makes its own RFC...
If you have any questions, suggestions just ask, if I can help.
Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to shugo (Shugo Maeda)
Updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda) almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
Applied in changeset trunk|r59372.
lib/net/imap.rb: Ignore trailing space for Microsoft Exchange Server
Based on the patch by keysen (Jérémy Carlier).
[ruby-core:81641] [Bug #13649]
Updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) almost 6 years ago
- Backport changed from 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN to 2.2: WONTFIX, 2.3: REQUIRED, 2.4: REQUIRED
Updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga) over 5 years ago
- Backport changed from 2.2: WONTFIX, 2.3: REQUIRED, 2.4: REQUIRED to 2.2: WONTFIX, 2.3: REQUIRED, 2.4: DONE
ruby_2_4 r61369 merged revision(s) 59372.
Updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) over 5 years ago
- Backport changed from 2.2: WONTFIX, 2.3: REQUIRED, 2.4: DONE to 2.2: WONTFIX, 2.3: DONE, 2.4: DONE
ruby_2_3 r62131 merged revision(s) 59372.