The next dev meeting¶
Date: 2021/06/17 13:00-17:00
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision-making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
- Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about the discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place are scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- DO NOT discuss then on this ticket, please.
Call for agenda items¶
If you have a ticket that you want matz and committers to discuss, please post it into this ticket in the following format:
* [Ticket ref] Ticket title (your name) * Comment (A summary of the ticket, why you put this ticket here, what point should be discussed, etc.)
* [Feature #14609] `Kernel#p` without args shows the receiver (ko1) * I feel this feature is very useful and some people say :+1: so let discuss this feature.
- It is recommended to add a comment by 2021/06/14. We hold a preparatory meeting to create an agenda a few days before the dev-meeting.
- The format is strict. We'll use this script to automatically create an markdown-style agenda. We may ignore a comment that does not follow the format.
- Your comment is mandatory. We cannot read all discussion of the ticket in a limited time. We appreciate it if you could write a short summary and update from a previous discussion.
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) about 2 months ago
- [Bug #17561] The timeout option for Addrinfo.getaddrinfo is not reliable on Ruby 2.7.2 (jeremyevans0)
- Usage of getaddrinfo_a was reverted before 3.0, but still causes problems in 2.7.
- Do we want to revert commit 0e9d56f5e73ed2fd8e7c858fdea7b7d5b905bb64 in 2.7.4?
- [Bug #17098] Float#negative? reports negative zero as not negative (jeremyevans0)
- I do not think this is a bug. 0 is not positive, so -0 should not be negative.
- Can we close this?
- [Bug #16951] Consistently referer dependencies (jeremyevans0)
- How do we want to handle dependencies in default and bundled gems?
- My opinion is that bundled gems and default gems do not need dependencies on default gems.
- Once a gem is moved from default gem to bundled gem, then other bundled gems that need it should add it as a dependency.
- [Feature #16962] Make IO.for_fd autoclose option default to false (jeremyevans0)
- Do we want to change the IO.for_fd autoclose option to default to false?
- [Bug #16835] SIGCHLD + system new behavior on 2.6 (jeremyevans0)
- I don't think the new behavior is a bug, though it doesn't appear the behavior change was intended.
- Is this a bug?
- If not, and the new behavior is expected, can this be closed?