Fix Pathname dot directory globbing
With 3.1.0, I'm seeing different behavior when trying to obtain directories which have a dot (.) prefix. With 3.0.x,
.. would be answered but with 3.1.0,
.. is missing. Is this to be expected because the documentation states that
Dir.glob should include
If this is desired behavior feel free to close this issue but it caught me by surprise so wanted to ask in case it's a concern. Thanks!
(see attached screenshot where I demonstration behavior between 3.0.3 and 3.1.0.)
Steps to Recreate¶
- Create a new project directory called "demo" and then change directory to "demo".
- Create a sub-directory call
- Using Ruby 3.0.3, launch IRB.
- Repeat Steps #4 - #5 using 3.1.0 this time and notice the difference in behavior.
Ruby 3.0.3 and 3.1.0.
Updated by jeremyevans (Jeremy Evans) 11 months ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) 10 months ago
- Backport changed from 2.6: DONTNEED, 2.7: DONTNEED, 3.0: DONTNEED, 3.1: REQUIRED to 2.6: DONTNEED, 2.7: DONTNEED, 3.0: DONTNEED, 3.1: DONE
ruby_3_1 e75246c287436621658bc2b8a5f999d8991e7d1d merged revision(s) 5917f49ad03cd3b2c13d3eea85c969a113b83bf8.
Updated by jnchito (Junichi Ito) 10 months ago
I noticed this change just now. We have some programs which depended on the previous behavior. It loses backward compatibility, so I think it should have been noted in NEWS.md in Ruby 3.1.0. I understand it's too late to say that, though.